Windows 10: Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display

Discus and support Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Third-party remote applications like Chrome Remote Desktop, Steam Link Mobileconnected via Desktop mode, etc. will not display the following apps'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Triet Nguyen, May 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display

Third-party remote applications like Chrome Remote Desktop, Steam Link Mobileconnected via Desktop mode, etc. will not display the following apps' content without a connected displaye.g a laptop/notebook with lid closed, desktop without display turn-on:Start-menu, Windows settings, Microsoft Store, Windows 10 stock apps, apps from Microsoft Store, etc...Those

:)

Triet Nguyen, May 24, 2021

2. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, May 24, 2021
  3. diego Win User
    Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, May 24, 2021
  4. damtachoa Win User

Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display

1. Windows 10 apps won't display correctly on third-party remote without connected display - Similar Threads - apps won't display

2. Third display monitor says no signal but is available via remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third display monitor says no signal but is available via remote desktop connection: Hello, I've encountered a strange issue when trying to use 2 external monitors with a Lenovo Thinkbook. The second display works no issue but the third display goes black after a "no signal" message appears. However, when I am remote connected to this device I am able to use...
  3. Third display monitor says no signal but is available via remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third display monitor says no signal but is available via remote desktop connection: Hello, I've encountered a strange issue when trying to use 2 external monitors with a Lenovo Thinkbook. The second display works no issue but the third display goes black after a "no signal" message appears. However, when I am remote connected to this device I am able to use...
  4. Third display monitor says no signal but is available via remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  6. Apps won't display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't display: Just built my first desktop and now when I launch my apps they go to the task bar but don't pop up on screen. I haven't hooked up two monitors yet so I don't think it would be displaying to a "ghost" screen. any ideas would be great. Been trying to figure it out for a few...
  7. Apps won't display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps won't display: Just built my first desktop and now when I launch my apps they go to the task bar but don't pop up on screen. I haven't hooked up two monitors yet so I don't think it would be displaying to a "ghost" screen. any ideas would be great. Been trying to figure it out for a few...
  8. Windows 10 third display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 third display: Hi, I have a desktop pc with a GPU that outputs two DVI ports, one HDMI and one DisplayPort. I currently have two displays connected, one using an HDMI to DisplayPort cable going into an HDMI hub which also has an input connection from my laptop, the hub then outputs a signal...
  9. Issue with Connecting to Third-Party Apps and Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Connecting to Third-Party Apps and Software: Just today I did a fresh start on my computer removing all of my personal files due to my computer becoming overfilled with junk. After the restart things were okay until I installed steam, discord, chrome, etc. I tried to run them but they were not loading and whenever steam...
  10. how to protect pc without a third party app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to protect pc without a third party app: how protect pc from hacking malware and trojans does Microsoft antivirus for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-protect-pc-without-a-third-party-app/f4910282-9a0d-4e1a-8e71-4f96aa8834f8"