Windows 10: Windows 10 apps won't open after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 apps won't open after reset in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop but experienced problems with the the local disk being full and other glitches after setting it up. I decided to reset it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Lyn1DT, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Lyn1DT Win User

Windows 10 apps won't open after reset

I recently got a new laptop but experienced problems with the the local disk being full and other glitches after setting it up. I decided to reset it and reinstalled windows cumulative update wouldn't install though. The glitches stopped but the apps e.g calculator, store, etc won't open. When I click on them, a bar appears below them.

:)

Lyn1DT, Apr 19, 2021

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 apps won't open after reset

Windows 10 Store won-t open

Hi Mateo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R key to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

SujataMoktan, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 apps won't open after reset

1. Windows 10 apps won't open after reset - Similar Threads - apps won't open

2. Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.: Just wanna ask a question. I reset my PC Windows 10 just last week. I was unable to open some pre-installed apps like Microsoft Store, Mail, Camera, Calculator, etc. I cannot also open the photos on my Pictures folder using the Photos app so I can only view the images with...
  3. Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre-installed apps won't open after doing a PC Reset.: Just wanna ask a question. I reset my PC Windows 10 just last week. I was unable to open some pre-installed apps like Microsoft Store, Mail, Camera, Calculator, etc. I cannot also open the photos on my Pictures folder using the Photos app so I can only view the images with...
  4. Windows 10 Apps Won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps Won't open: Hi,Since last wednesday Windows apps Calender, Store, Photo's, Security Center etc. won't open on my laptop. I noticed the wsappx service is using alot of recources. Ive tried serval solutions. Wich didnt work so as a final resort i reinstalled the laptop. After updating it...
  5. Windows 10 Apps Won't open

Windows 10 Apps Won't open: Hi,Since last wednesday Windows apps Calender, Store, Photo's, Security Center etc. won't open on my laptop. I noticed the wsappx service is using alot of recources. Ive tried serval solutions. Wich didnt work so as a final resort i reinstalled the laptop. After updating it...
  6. Windows 10 won't open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't open apps: I don't know why this is happening but when I update the drivers of my APU some apps in Windows won't open and some do, if I see the process in Task Manager they open for like ~2 seconds and then close automatically, without updating the drivers this doesn't happen, but I...
  7. Windows 10 won't open apps

Windows 10 won't open apps: I don't know why this is happening but when I update the drivers of my APU some apps in Windows won't open and some do, if I see the process in Task Manager they open for like ~2 seconds and then close automatically, without updating the drivers this doesn't happen, but I...
  8. App won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App won't open on Windows 10: Hello. I have this app called horbito NOVA a browser and when I double click it, the mouse cursor shows the loading symbol but the app itself won't open. I installed the app today, and haven't even got the chance of opening it....
  9. Windows 10; Apps won't open from the task bar and my action center won't open after I reset...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10; Apps won't open from the task bar and my action center won't open after I reset...: I can not even open settings page so all posted solutions are mute how do I fix this as I can no longer update my PC or my games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-apps-wont-open-from-the-task-bar-and-my/3bf78376-8492-4f49-8e36-b2df4bbc0897
  10. Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10

Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10: So I just turned on my computer and the "We are getting your computer ready" or something like that message popped up. I thought that the most logical thing was that my computer just installed and update. So I go in and nothing opens, Ive tried with Chrome, Skype,...