Windows 10: Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

Discus and support Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Most of my windows 10 native apps can't open. When I click/select an app, the app window attempts to load then quickly disappears prompting a "This app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AliJutt3, Dec 15, 2018.

1. AliJutt3 Win User

Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

Most of my windows 10 native apps can't open. When I click/select an app, the app window attempts to load then quickly disappears prompting a "This app can't open" message. "Check the Windows Store for more info go to the Store.

Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error. e6ffd92f-d75e-47d1-8ac4-1bc1573983d7?upload=true.png

Programs that I've installed manually still load as they should.

List of apps that don't work:

• Alarms & Clock
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection *since uninstalled*
    • Microsoft Wi-Fi
    • News
    • OneNote
    • People
    • Phone
    • Phone Companion
    • Photos
    • Store

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

SOLUTION :​

• I selected "calculator app" for a solution.

Step 1:

Go To Microsoft Store.

Search windows calculator

Open it.

Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error. d55c955b-8cef-41e6-870a-f98c643c1e5b?upload=true.png

Step 2:

Any update is available for the app then download and install it.

If any update is not available for the app. Uninstall it and download it again.

Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error. 902ff639-4d2f-46cf-b339-b425d314411d?upload=true.png

Step 3:

After Downloading. Open the windows calculator app. The problem is fixed successfully.

Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error. 8de023f6-0f86-468c-975c-323bb10f485c?upload=true.png

For any help contact on email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

AliJutt3, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Adalwar Win User

This App can´t open

Hi,
    Sorry for my poor english.

Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in Administrator account. Try with another account".
    I get this message when I try to open any Windows App (Calender, Fotos, Camera, Edge, One Note), everything.

How to make App´s work with UAC disabled?

Adalwar, Dec 15, 2018
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 15, 2018
  4. RogerF51 Win User

Can`t open Photo app

Original title: Can`t open App

When I try to open photos app, It comes up check windows store, when I check windows store, It comes up this app can`t open, it driving me bonkers

RogerF51, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error. - Similar Threads - apps won't open

2. Windows 10 Apps Won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps Won't open: Hi,Since last wednesday Windows apps Calender, Store, Photo's, Security Center etc. won't open on my laptop. I noticed the wsappx service is using alot of recources. Ive tried serval solutions. Wich didnt work so as a final resort i reinstalled the laptop. After updating it...
  3. Windows 10 Apps Won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Apps Won't open: Hi,Since last wednesday Windows apps Calender, Store, Photo's, Security Center etc. won't open on my laptop. I noticed the wsappx service is using alot of recources. Ive tried serval solutions. Wich didnt work so as a final resort i reinstalled the laptop. After updating it...
  4. Windows 10 won't open apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't open apps: I don't know why this is happening but when I update the drivers of my APU some apps in Windows won't open and some do, if I see the process in Task Manager they open for like ~2 seconds and then close automatically, without updating the drivers this doesn't happen, but I...
  5. Windows 10 won't open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't open apps: I don't know why this is happening but when I update the drivers of my APU some apps in Windows won't open and some do, if I see the process in Task Manager they open for like ~2 seconds and then close automatically, without updating the drivers this doesn't happen, but I...
  6. Windows 10 won't open apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows apps won't open and can't be fixed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps won't open and can't be fixed: Hello,All Windows applications do not open and even the store itself. It started a few weeks ago after upgrading to Windows version 2004/20H2. I especially need Paint 3D, Mail and Photos. I would like an expert to use quick assistance to connect and control my computer. it's...
  8. App won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App won't open on Windows 10: Hello. I have this app called horbito NOVA a browser and when I double click it, the mouse cursor shows the loading symbol but the app itself won't open. I installed the app today, and haven't even got the chance of opening it....
  9. Windows 10 Apps Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Apps Won't Open: The apps are available in the taskbar but will not open on the computer screen. The screen is stuck on the desktop screen and it's only showing the wallpaper, no apps on the desktop screen. I am able to open task view and view my files, but that's it and I can do the windows...
  10. Apps won't open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open in Windows 10: Not seeing this particular problem when I search. Running Windows 10 Home, build 19041.746. I run 32GB of RAM and have an i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz. When I first boot, I can easily open all my apps. If I leave an app running for a few hours, or even if I shut down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check the windows store for more info about photos.

2. windows 10 apps wont open

3. this appcant open check windows store for more info about calculator

4. apps cant open 2019,
  5. windows 10 step counter wont open,
  6. windows phone 10 apps wont open,
  7. this app cant open windows 10