Windows 10: windows 10 apps

Discus and support windows 10 apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot open pre-installed apps on desk top, icons are blank. In Start menu most/all apps are gone or wont open.Keep getting message to get app for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martyn1957, Mar 22, 2020.

1. windows 10 apps

Cannot open pre-installed apps on desk top, icons are blank. In Start menu most/all apps are gone or wont open.Keep getting message to get app for ms-paint link.I am no I.T. buff...Help!

:)

Martyn1957, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

windows 10 apps

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 apps

1. windows 10 apps - Similar Threads - apps

2. how do I get an app to download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do I get an app to download: I purchased Affinity Designer last night and it still has not downloaded. It is in a pending mode. It checked the program and says downloading but the download bar has not even moved since last night....
  3. Camera problem in Skype app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera problem in Skype app: Hi. I'trying to set up Skype and noticed that if I access through the browser everyting works fine, while when I try to access through the Skype app, and go to video settings, the camera preview shows a black screen. Can please help me?...
  4. Windows 10 Photos App not seeing the original folder, only the One drive camera roll folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App not seeing the original folder, only the One drive camera roll folder: You might know that when viewing the photos using Photos App, through the "collection" or the "folders" view, there is a possibility to locate the original location of the photo , if the photos are already organized on the PC. When a photo exist in a specific folder, by...
  5. Windows Store Error Code: 0x80072F8F Whilst installing apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Error Code: 0x80072F8F Whilst installing apps: Hello! I Have An Issue With The Microsoft Store Ever Since I Followed [MEDIA] To 4:35 At The Video. I Couldn't Download Any Apps Since then. Could you help? I Tried Running Windows Key + R And Typed wsreset.exe And Tried Again But It Didn't Work I Also restarted and...
  6. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space: [IMG] Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed to the left and right. Is there any way to reset this function? I'm pretty sure it's not the browser as I've tried this on...
  7. Word Wrap in Reading Pane of Mail App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Word Wrap in Reading Pane of Mail App?: Hi, How can I turn on wrap text in the reading pane of the Default Mail app on my PC running Windows 10? I want to switch to this default Mail app from Google mail in browser because this seems lighter and faster, but having to scroll sideways to read emails is extremely...
  8. How to White-list Zoom video conference app in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to White-list Zoom video conference app in Windows 10?: HELP! I use a Dell laptop bought in Dec 2017 it uses Windows 10. I belong to an organization that uses Zoom to video conference, I installed Zoom, it referred to Windows 8. I am unable to join in the discussion during a video conference because the audio doesn't work....
  9. My camera app isn't working for me to record a video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera app isn't working for me to record a video.: Please help!! I need to record a video using my laptop camera and it works fine for facetime but not in the camera app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-app-isnt-working-for-me-to-record-a/88bc104c-10c4-43f1-a1c7-6a77f4fd7ff2
  10. Issues when trying to install an App called Zwift on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues when trying to install an App called Zwift on my laptop: When launching the installation I get the following message: The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another. How can I solve?...