Windows 10: Windows 10 apps

Discus and support Windows 10 apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I just downloaded a app called Epic Games Launcher and it shows up on the start page for all the users on my pc, is there any way where I can make... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by adi18, Jun 1, 2020.

1. adi18 Win User

Windows 10 apps

So I just downloaded a app called Epic Games Launcher and it shows up on the start page for all the users on my pc, is there any way where I can make to app only be on my user and nobody else's?

:)

adi18, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 apps

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 apps

1. Windows 10 apps - Similar Threads - apps

2. blocked from app

in Windows 10 Customization
    blocked from app: Since a Windows 10 update yesterday I am unable to open my QuickBooks app. I received the following message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator." I am the administrator and have not knowingly blocked...
  3. Mail and Calendar App disappears after several seconds - uninstall/repair yields no results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar App disappears after several seconds - uninstall/repair yields no results: I have a fresh install of Win 10. Fresh install, however all of my programs and other settings are set and I consider it non-negotiable to reset Windows at this point because I cannot waste another week of productivity to redo everything. I'm trying to use the mail and...
  4. Apps "Not Responding"

Apps "Not Responding": After an automatic update I wasn't able to print. A support person kindly had me remove a couple KB updates and install the latest Windows update and I was again able to print. HOWEVER, now all of my apps are slow, and after a few opens, saves, closes, each app fades and...
  5. Back with same problem with Windows 10; Store won't launch and Photos app won't open pics

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Back with same problem with Windows 10; Store won't launch and Photos app won't open pics: Hi everyone, I had posted last month about a problem I have had and I'm back because the issue hasn't resolved and I'm desperate. I have Windows 10 PRO. It is updated. PROBLEM: 1. When I try to open Microsoft Store, I get the spinning dots against the blue background....
  6. Startup admin apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup admin apps: Every time I start up my system, some apps will auto-start (Take razer synapse for an example) the problem is it then slows down my PC whilst It asks for admin rights. Is there any way to stop certain apps for asking for admin permissions? submitted by /u/Ryan_S_Reddit...
  7. A deep-dive into WinUI 3 in desktop apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A deep-dive into WinUI 3 in desktop apps for Windows 10: XAML Islands was our first solution to enable developers to use UWP XAML inside their desktop (Win32) apps. Within a couple of months after the release of XAML Islands, behavioral insights and customer interviews raised some signals about how developers were using it. We...
  8. My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Refurbished Laptop has ZERO apps installed, nothing but Edge, and required system programs.: So I recently just bought a refurbished laptop and when I downloaded and installed chrome it said "This app can't open, there is a problem with this app" I soon figure out that I had Windows 10 S, so I go to the store to unlock my laptop but when I click on the 'Go to Store"...
  9. Mail app for Windows 10

Mail app for Windows 10: How do I empty the Auto-Complete list which suggests names when typing in the To, Cc and Bcc lines. Thanks Andy McFarlane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-for-windows-10/3087bec7-d94f-444c-9624-bda706653e0b
  10. I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone

I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone: If I have my microphone turned off, the camera app complains. I get a popup every time I open the app, every time I start a video recording and even every time I delete a video. I turned off the mic in the Camera app's settings, but it still complains. How do I get the...