Windows 10: Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices

Discus and support Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 updates are rolled out gradually. All users will not get the update at the same time. It depends on the region and device of the user. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices

Windows 10 updates are rolled out gradually. All users will not get the update at the same time. It depends on the region and device of the user. For some users, it might even take months to get the update on their devices. The reason for this phased release is that it allows Microsoft to get feedback from a particular set of users and systems so that they can avoid any potential issues from reaching a bigger audience. While a smooth and bug-free update is always preferred, users who keep track of latest Windows updates will always want the updates to reach them quickly.

Windows 10 April 2018 update was first available from April 30th onwards. But only to a few devices got it and also the users had to manually check in order to get the update. However, the official release of the update started rolling out in waves from May 8th. One and a half months have passed and now the update is available to all compatible Windows 10 devices.

If your device is compatible, then the update will be downloaded automatically in the background, unless you have disabled it. After the download is complete a reboot is required to install the update.

This is the first time Microsoft managed to provide a worldwide rollout in such a small time interval. Microsoft claims that they got all the help from AI which they used to find bugs and other issues. This enabled them to prevent update installations in affected systems. There were some issues with the update. Many users faced issues while installing updates. Some had issues after installing updates.

But the good thing is that Microsoft has fixed all the problems the users faced while installing the update in such a short time. This can only mean that future Windows 10 updates will have a faster worldwide launch.

If you still haven’t received an update notification, chances are your device is not compatible. which is highly unlikely. You can make sure if you are on the Windows 10 April 2018 update by checking the version number which is 1803 for this update.

The post Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 15, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30

Just read that blog myself. Interesting thing, this 'Machine Learning'....

...it's just decided my ancient 2011 Toshiba (that's wasn't even on Toshiba's compatibility list for the first release of Windows 10) is ready for 1803. Looks like the so-called 'phased rollout' is going to be over in just one phase. Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices :)

Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices [​IMG]

4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices scu-png.png

newtekie1, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 April 2018 update is now available to all compatible devices - Similar Threads - April 2018 update

2. Windows 11 now available for all compatible devices according to Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 now available for all compatible devices according to Microsoft: The release version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system is now available for all compatible devices according to Microsoft. The designation for broad deployment is an important milestone, as it is used by organizations to determine the readiness of the operating system...
  3. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: The install finishes but then leaves a white screen - I do not believe it is the white screen of death as there is a menu in the top left corner. It is asks several questions such as voice activation etc but the problem is that there is NO way out of that screen and I have to...
  4. Windows 10 Build 17134.619 is now available for April 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.619 is now available for April 2018 Update: If you haven’t received the October 2018 Update or you using for April 2018 Update for some other reasons, a new cumulative update is now available for your PC. Direct download links for Windows 10 KB4487029 are also live on Microsoft Update Catalog. Windows 10 KB4487029...
  5. Sticky Notes 3.0 now available to Windows 10 April 2018 and later

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes 3.0 now available to Windows 10 April 2018 and later: Sticky Notes v3 syncs your notes across your #Windows10 devices! We've started rolling out gradually to everyone on the April 2018 Update (version 1803) or higher. If you haven't received it yet, expect to see it soon! Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 118501
  6. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now available for all Alienware PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now available for all Alienware PCs: Back in May, Microsoft decided to pause the rollout of Windows 10 April 2018 Update for Alienware PCs due to issues that substantially affected performance and caused a black screen. The update was blocked on the following PCs: Alienware 13 R3 Alienware 15 R3 Alienware 15...
  7. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now ready for all Alienware PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now ready for all Alienware PCs: Back in May, Microsoft revealed that it is blocking the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update on a few Alienware computers. Due to compatibility issues, Microsoft was blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on the Alienware 13 R3, Alienware 15 R3, Alienware 15 R4,...
  8. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now ready for all Alienware PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now ready for all Alienware PCs: Back in May, Microsoft revealed that it is blocking the installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update on a few Alienware computers. Due to compatibility issues, Microsoft was blocking Windows 10 April 2018 Update on the Alienware 13 R3, Alienware 15 R3, Alienware 15 R4,...
  9. Windows 10 April 2018 Update for HoloLens is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update for HoloLens is now available: Good news: The Windows 10 April 2018 Update for HoloLens is now available for all HoloLens customers (and no longer in preview). On behalf of the whole team, thank you for being a part of the HoloLens RS4 Preview program and for the feedback you shared. You've helped us...
  10. Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30: How can you tell which version is in the media creation tool download?