Windows 10: Windows 10 April Update black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 April Update black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HjalmarMondragon, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 April Update black screen

I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics drivers. Can someone give me an explanation for this?

:)

HjalmarMondragon, Aug 15, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 April Update black screen

Marivel Man, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 April Update black screen

1. Windows 10 April Update black screen - Similar Threads - April Update black

2. Windows 10 April 2020 Update Black Screen Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2020 Update Black Screen Issues: After updating the windows 10 April 2020 update, I've been facing black screen problem after thesign-in screen. Initially it was taking 2-3 minutes to boot after the sign-in screen but now it is getting worse. Since last few days it has been taking 5-10 minutes to boot....
  3. Black Screen after Update (Since April)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Update (Since April): I've been trying to update my desktop pc since april, and everytime I restart it to install and apply the update, the screen goes black and I can't do anything past that. Tried the usual fixes (ctrl + alt + del and such) but I can't get it to work. Whenever I force to restart...
  4. Windows 10 April Update

Windows 10 April Update: Hello, I just want to know about the windows 10 April 2019 Update. Its date and how to check compatibility of my PC for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-april-update/8ca37a05-80c8-4fcc-8604-a844e008e329
  5. Windows 10 update black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update black screen: Last night windows forced me to update my laptop so I let it update over night. When I wake up I check on my laptop to be greeted with a black screen with no cusor on it I don't know what to do please help. I updated my laptop on Dec. 30, 2018 My laptop is Lenovo ideapad...
  6. Black screen after April Update

Black screen after April Update: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor, I have updated the drivers, a Toshiba HDD, and Windows Update Assistant says my laptop is compatible with the update. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds...
  7. Windows 10 April update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 April update: I have just updated my Windows 10 Home edition with the latest April update hoping as per say that some apps will get updated but it seemed not happening. The Paint 3D is still the same as before without 3D Remix feature which I desperately needed. Even my calculator when I...
  8. window 10 april update,mouse multifinger gesture,precision touchpad,black screen,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window 10 april update,mouse multifinger gesture,precision touchpad,black screen,: Dear Microsoft community, I request u to solve m my problem, multifinger mouse gesture for multitasking does not work, m usually used to two, three finger on touchpad for multitasking, sometime when I open any app like vlc media...
  9. Windows 10 April update

Windows 10 April update: My laptop is running older version of windows anniversary update..i have daily 3gb high speed can i able to buy windows 10 April update cd so that i can install the latest version..is such a service available in India..home delivery of the april update..if it is so where can...
  10. Windows 10 April 2018 Update won’t cause a black screen anymore

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update won’t cause a black screen anymore: It’s been almost two months since Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 April 2018 update, and while it’s turning out to be the finest version of Windows 10, the reports last month claimed that the update causes a black screen on some PCs. Microsoft earlier this week...