Windows 10: Windows 10 April update freezes and low fps at games

Discus and support Windows 10 April update freezes and low fps at games in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good evening to all. After i received and installed the April updates i got randomly system frezes and low fps all the time when im playing games or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoyalBobcat1171, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 April update freezes and low fps at games

Good evening to all. After i received and installed the April updates i got randomly system frezes and low fps all the time when im playing games or even if im not. I never got this problem before. My system is new and strong enough so i am sure its something from these updates. I try some things writed by you and nothing changed. Please fix it with the next updates as soon as you can, because i cannot enjoy my games like how i was enjoyet them before. Thanks

:)

LoyalBobcat1171, Apr 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 and LOW FPS in games

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Are you facing this issue with a particular game or with all games?

I suggest you to go into the games settings and check if the FPS is set to low. IF its low then change it into high.

Also see if the Monitor screen resolution matches the game screen resolution. You can check it by going into the setting of the game and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Games Freezing/Not Responding/Low FPS

Hi Tyler,

There are several reasons as to why your game freeze. In your case, there's a possibility that the Windows 10 update that you recently applied on your computer is corrupted that's why it's causing you this issue. We suggest that you download and run the
    Windows 10 troubleshooter so that we could scan and fix the corrupted updated on your computer. You may refer to this
    link for the steps.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 April update freezes and low fps at games

GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

Hi PANDA,

Having an outdated Graphics driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having low frames per second (FPS) while playing games. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Update your drivers using the link below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Solution 2: Disable Game bar.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click Gaming (Game bar, DVR, broadcasting, Game Mode).
    3. Toggle the "ON" switch under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to “Off”.
    4. Uncheck the "Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified" checkbox.

Solution 3: Turn off the Game DVR.

1. Click the Start button, and then type Xbox app to open it.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Click Game DVR.
    4. Make sure that the "Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR" selection is "Off"

Solution 4: Perform a clean boot on your device. Kindly refer to this link for the steps.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 April update freezes and low fps at games

1. Windows 10 April update freezes and low fps at games - Similar Threads - April update freezes

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  4. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  6. Windows 22H2 update low fps in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 22H2 update low fps in games.: I have installed the 22H2 update on my Lenovo Legion 5 RTX 3060, R7 5800H, 16gb ram. and I get low fps now, I can't do a clean install because all the programs that I need take a while to download. is there a way to fix this?...
  7. Windows 22H2 update low fps in games.

Windows 22H2 update low fps in games.: I have installed the 22H2 update on my Lenovo Legion 5 RTX 3060, R7 5800H, 16gb ram. and I get low fps now, I can't do a clean install because all the programs that I need take a while to download. is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Low fps on every game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low fps on every game: Anyone know why my fps is low on every game I play, before you ask for specs and what graphic settings i play on just know i was able to play all these games before, but now they’re just unplayable. 1. My battery settings is set to best peformance 2. i play medium graphics...
  9. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  10. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED MY LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 ON 24/7/18. AFTER THE UPDATE MY LAPTOP HAS BECOME SLOW AND ALL MY GAMES WHCIH WERE RUNNING SMOOTHLY ARE NOW RUNNING ON 10 FPS OR 15.......PLZ HELP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 low fps

2. windows update low fps in games

3. april 2019 win 10 update gaming performance