Windows 10: Windows 10 April Update Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 April Update Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I installed Win 10 v1803 April update, my Pc is super slow and it's annoying but it boots normal. CPU is always overclooked, RAM is fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shady Forest, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 April Update Issues

Ever since I installed Win 10 v1803 April update, my Pc is super slow and it's annoying but it boots normal. CPU is always overclooked, RAM is fine. File Explorer takes some time to load everything on it, Windows Media Player crashes. Cortana doesn't respond to "Hey Cortana" I tried troubleshooting the microphone but the troubleshooter said everything is fine. My games are lagging and afterwhile they crash, Please help me this is so devastating.

Almost Everything I use on daily basis malfunctions. I downloaded windows 10.0-kb4464218 from microsoft website but it doesn't want to install.

:)

Shady Forest, Oct 6, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Oct 6, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 6, 2018
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 April Update Issues

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 April Update Issues

1. Windows 10 April Update Issues - Similar Threads - April Update Issues

2. Windows 10 update April 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update April 2021: Hi there, On updating to the latest security update, when I restarted my PC I noted the following: all contents from my desktop files and folders had been deleted All my passwords stored on Kaspersky Password Manager had been deleted As if it was a new install of the...
  3. Windows 10 April 2020 Update Black Screen Issues

Windows 10 April 2020 Update Black Screen Issues: After updating the windows 10 April 2020 update, I've been facing black screen problem after thesign-in screen. Initially it was taking 2-3 minutes to boot after the sign-in screen but now it is getting worse. Since last few days it has been taking 5-10 minutes to boot....
  4. Windows 10 April Update

Windows 10 April Update: Hello, I just want to know about the windows 10 April 2019 Update. Its date and how to check compatibility of my PC for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-april-update/8ca37a05-80c8-4fcc-8604-a844e008e329
  5. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: I am an American temporarily in Greece and am trying to load the New Windows 10 Update from April 2018. This update is taking several hours. Also, my screen seems to be stuck between the"Hi" and "this may take a few minutes" screens. Could this be because I am in a...
  6. Windows 10 April update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 April update: I have just updated my Windows 10 Home edition with the latest April update hoping as per say that some apps will get updated but it seemed not happening. The Paint 3D is still the same as before without 3D Remix feature which I desperately needed. Even my calculator when I...
  7. Windows 10 April update

Windows 10 April update: My laptop is running older version of windows anniversary update..i have daily 3gb high speed can i able to buy windows 10 April update cd so that i can install the latest version..is such a service available in India..home delivery of the april update..if it is so where can...
  8. Roblox and Windows 10 April update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox and Windows 10 April update: Well I have had a problem since I update Windows 10 to the update of April where the game roblox when I open it goes super slow and I can not even play my PC is 1 GB of RAM but always I was the perfect game so I wanted to see if someone Can help, I can not go back to the...
  9. Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update: As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the privacy issues these features must create. Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what additional privacy risks these new...
  10. Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update: As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the privacy issues these features must create. Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what additional privacy risks these new...