Windows 10: Windows 10 Are there settings to make it fast like windows 7 Professional?

Discus and support Windows 10 Are there settings to make it fast like windows 7 Professional? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently set up a new computer to replace my slowing windows 7 machine. My Windows 7 machine used to be lighting fast with my i3 processor and 16 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianWFrench, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Are there settings to make it fast like windows 7 Professional?

I recently set up a new computer to replace my slowing windows 7 machine. My Windows 7 machine used to be lighting fast with my i3 processor and 16 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD SATA drive. As with all computers, over time it has slowed a bit and gotten to the point where working with some of my programs was quite slow. So my new computer with an i7, 32 GB of RAM and a 1TB M.2 SSD. Thinking that my new computer would be so much faster I tried and tried to install windows 7, apparently the new equipment out there will not install this wonderful operating system which is so quick even on slower machines. So I found myself having to install windows 10 with no other options. Once it was installed, it seemed ok. But after running it a month now, it has become so slow that things that used to take fractions of a second on my old computer running slow would now take 15 to 20 seconds on my brand new computer running the sluggish and I might add, bloated windows 10.

Why would you make an operating system that is so sluggish that it is slower to use my programs on a computer with an I7 processor and 32 gb of RAM and a 1tb M.2 SSD drive versus my older I3 processor with 16 gb of memory and a 512 GB SSD SATA running windows 7 professional? Are there any settings to turn off all the fluff and extra features I don't need such as sliding windows, flip open menus, etc. In addition now when I select a field in programs like excel, now I have to double click on the cell I want, which is twice as many clicks as it required in the windows 7 version of excel? This is not just true with excel, it is true with any field or selected text in any program I have running. Why would you make it so hard to select items? Is there a workaround for this to make my work faster. I am quite frustrated with the ease of use of windows 10 as well as the overall speed and functionality of the new office programs. I realize you are competing with other operating systems like Apple OS and android. but this is microsoft, and I abhor the attempt to try and emulate these other operating systems and making a fast computer drop to its knees in terms of speed and functionality in comparison with previous and I might add faster versions of the windows operating system.

:)

BrianWFrench, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 10, 2019
  4. RLRehm Win User

Windows 10 Are there settings to make it fast like windows 7 Professional?

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Are there settings to make it fast like windows 7 Professional?

1. Windows 10 Are there settings to make it fast like windows 7 Professional? - Similar Threads - Are settings fast

2. how to make windows 10 fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make windows 10 fast: how to make windows 10 fast my pc much slow how to make fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-fast/8fbdb211-1208-40a6-9413-d70044278f10
  3. Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional: Computer asking for product code. Since this is an old version of windows bought 7 years ago, I no longer have the discs or the product code for windows. How and where do I find? Thanks....
  4. Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional: Computer asking for product code. Since this is an old version of windows bought 7 years ago, I no longer have the discs or the product code for windows. How and where do I find? Thanks....
  5. windows 7 professional to windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 7 professional to windows 10 key: hello i have a genuine cd key for windows 7 and i currently bought a pc. Is there a way to upgrade to windows 10 using the genuine key of my old windows 7?...
  6. windows 7 professional to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 professional to windows 10: Windows 10 Update keeps failing - "0x8007001F - 0x20006" TRIED A LOT INSTALLED MEDIA CREATION TOOL... RUNNED IT 4 TIMES SAME ISSUE.... CHANGED CBS.LOG TO SOMETHING ELSE... BUT TOO SAME ISSUE..... TRIED ISO FILE TOO.... CHECKED MY PC IS COMPACT ABLE OR NOT TOOO....AND MY...
  7. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  8. Is there a possibility to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a possibility to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: I've been useing Windows 7 over 5 years and next year i shoud get Windows 10.Now i really like Win10 i have nothing against that operating system i just want to ask is there a possibility to make Win10 look like Win7,like a theme....
  9. how to make windows 10 look like windows 7

how to make windows 10 look like windows 7: how do you make windows 10 look like windows 7 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/d9858783-2ca2-4a9d-9f34-69c6ef171023
  10. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: How do I make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/a4dc9c9a-ef31-4a4e-be15-bf7062ab594d