Windows 10: Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Discus and support Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Almighty1, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes.

:)

Almighty1, Nov 7, 2015
  2. slblack Win User

Using PC as a WiFi hotspot with VPN

I am trying to use my Windows 10 PC as a WiFi hotspot with a VPN.

I turn on my VPN, and I set my PC a WiFi hotspot. The WiFi works and other devices can connect to it with no problems.

However, when my PC becomes the WiFi hotspot, devices connected to it are showing the original IP address instead of the VPN address.

How can I make the WiFi connection go through the VPN so all devices connected to it will be on the VPN IP.

Basically my problem is, my PC web browsing will be on USA IP because I am using VPN. But all other devices connected to my PC hotspot display the non VPN IP. Is it possible for the WiFi hotspot to have the VPN IP instead of the original IP?

Thank you.

slblack, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Mobile Hotspot

What is the IP address that Windows assigns to the mobile hotspot's virtual network connection?
    If you prefer, post a screenshot.

franco d'esaro, Nov 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    My LAN connection is on a different network and actually going to a different WAN provider. I'm trying to get the WiFi Hotspot part working, it worked fine in Windows 7 but perhaps I just need the right WiFi Hotspot software for Windows 10 to get it working.

Almighty1, Nov 9, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses - Similar Threads - WiFi Hotspot assigning

2. Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot, unable to obtain IP address: I've been using the mobile hotspot on windows 10 to provide internet for my phone for a year already and it was working flawlessly until June 2019 (somewhere around that time) which my mobile devices couldn't connect to it anymore. I've tried using 2 mobile phones in which...
  3. DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's)

DHCP assigned the same IP address to 2 computers (VM's): Hi folks I'm not sure how it happened but with Windows Networking -- anything seems possible -- Black Magic is easier to fathom out. I did a few "Clone discs" and used essentially on identical hardware on different machines. One machine just would not connect -- and also a...
  4. ip address

in Windows 10 Support
    ip address: Which one is my ip address? Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . :...
  5. How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter

in Windows 10 News
    How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time IT admin needs to set up multiple IP addresses to the same network adapter. Situations like hosting various SSL sites, speed up traffic exchanges which can skip the gateway in case of multiple IP addresses, different public [...] This post How to...
  6. Windows 10 and IP Addresses

Windows 10 and IP Addresses: Probably a stupid question, but when I pull up recent activity on my Microsoft account, it shows two different IP addresses that interchange on the activity list. All are on Edge with successful sign in. One resembles, but not exactly, my IPv6 address, and the other is like...
  7. IP Address

IP Address: How do I find the IP Address on an HP Probook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/cd2c7e90-e5ec-4ba3-be39-7e8fddc9b3cc
  8. WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address

WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address: I came across the following strange problem with windows 10 version 1803 on 2 different laptops, one a Samsung and the other a HP. Both are 64bit. I setup the wifi with an fix IP address and everything went well for about 2 or 3 days, but then I noticed that the internet...
  9. Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address

Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address: I'm trying to use my computer as a hot spot for my Xbox and cell phones. Read this entirely because I swear if someone links me to a Microsoft Support article about hot spots I will want to throw my p.c through the wall. First, I tried to enable the hotspot using the mobile...
  10. Can't get rid of public IP address assigned by VPN

Can't get rid of public IP address assigned by VPN: I recently installed NordVPN on my computers. When I have VPN turned on, speedtest.net accurately reports the VPN-assigned public IP address, ISP, and server location. Until yesterday, when I turned NordVPN off, it accurately reported my true ISP, the IP address assigned by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile hotspot not assigning ip

2. ip address of wifi hotspot windows

3. mobile hotspot not assigning ip

4. windows-10-wifi-hotspot-not-assigning-ip-addresses,
  5. windows hotspot not assigning ip addresses,
  6. windows 10 not assigning ip address connection sharing,
  7. windows 10 internet connection sharing not assigning ip,
  8. windows wifi hotspot sharing not assigning ip-adress,
  9. windows 10 hotspot not assigning,
  10. windows hotspot no ip address,
  11. windows 10 hotspot not assigning ip addresses