Windows 10: Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Discus and support Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Almighty1, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes.

:)

Almighty1, Nov 7, 2015
  2. slblack Win User

Using PC as a WiFi hotspot with VPN

I am trying to use my Windows 10 PC as a WiFi hotspot with a VPN.

I turn on my VPN, and I set my PC a WiFi hotspot. The WiFi works and other devices can connect to it with no problems.

However, when my PC becomes the WiFi hotspot, devices connected to it are showing the original IP address instead of the VPN address.

How can I make the WiFi connection go through the VPN so all devices connected to it will be on the VPN IP.

Basically my problem is, my PC web browsing will be on USA IP because I am using VPN. But all other devices connected to my PC hotspot display the non VPN IP. Is it possible for the WiFi hotspot to have the VPN IP instead of the original IP?

Thank you.

slblack, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Mobile Hotspot

What is the IP address that Windows assigns to the mobile hotspot's virtual network connection?
    If you prefer, post a screenshot.

franco d'esaro, Nov 7, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

I haven't tried, but you could connect your PC to the internet by cable and create an ad hoc wireless connection between the PC and the other device to get internet. Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click on Change adapter settings. This shows all your adapters and connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select Properties, then click the Sharing tab. Check the box to Allow sharing the connection and select your wireless connection from the list. I am not sure if it will work with automatic settings though, you may have to manually assign an IP address to the wireless connection. Then manually assign an IP address at the other device and set the Default gateway to the IP address of the PC's wireless connection. Also you have to create a new ad hoc connection and connect to that from the other device. I don't currently have a Wi-Fi card, so I cannot see the steps to guide you.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    My LAN connection is on a different network and actually going to a different WAN provider. I'm trying to get the WiFi Hotspot part working, it worked fine in Windows 7 but perhaps I just need the right WiFi Hotspot software for Windows 10 to get it working.

Almighty1, Nov 9, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses - Similar Threads - WiFi Hotspot assigning

2. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  3. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  4. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  6. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  7. Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically

Windows 10 cannot assign IP address automatically: I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 if that matters. Almost a month ago ~ Sept 5, 2020, I started to have this error. After a few days trying to search for a solution, using ipconfig/release and /renew, then make the new assigned ID a static ID is the solution for me. However, the...
  8. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  9. Windows 10 hotspot stuck at obtaining IP address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hotspot stuck at obtaining IP address: I have windows 10 build 1909 and my wifi card is the intel wireless-ac 9260 and have the latest drivers installed and have my PC connected with a LAN cable. When I setup the hotspot connection and try to connect to it from my mobile phone, the phone gets stuck at obtaining IP...
  10. Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address

Windows 10 Hotspot - Stuck at obtaining IP Address: I'm trying to use my computer as a hot spot for my Xbox and cell phones. Read this entirely because I swear if someone links me to a Microsoft Support article about hot spots I will want to throw my p.c through the wall. First, I tried to enable the hotspot using the mobile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile hotspot not assigning ip

2. how do i make my pc reassign dhcp on a hotspot

3. ip address of wifi hotspot windows

4. mobile hotspot not assigning ip,
  5. windows-10-wifi-hotspot-not-assigning-ip-addresses,
  6. windows hotspot not assigning ip addresses,
  7. windows 10 not assigning ip address connection sharing,
  8. windows 10 internet connection sharing not assigning ip,
  9. windows wifi hotspot sharing not assigning ip-adress,
  10. windows 10 hotspot not assigning,
  11. windows hotspot no ip address,