Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cristiano Bordin Lauffer, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page:

https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/
    Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation and automatically delete my genuine ticket even when I try to use the same method again, as for precaution I saved my Genuine ticket file. I called the support here in Brazil and the attendant verified that there was no key in my system. I explained the activation method I used and he did not even know what it is and still accused me of using an illegal method! For years I had my old windows 8, I do not even remember it's key number. And the attendant insists that the only way is to have a key, will I have to buy a new one? Is it possible?

:)

Cristiano Bordin Lauffer, Nov 16, 2018
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2018
  4. pivlit2 Win User

Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install

A friend of mine, who is a computer illiterate older lady, asked me to fix her laptop that her son gave her. It was a disaster. I decided that instead of trying to clean the OS, I would upgrade it from Windows 7 (genuine) to Windows 10. The upgrade icon on the taskbar was present so I clicked on that to start the download. It spent days stuck on "starting download". Since that wasn't working, I looked up a tutorial on a Microsoft support page by a "Community Moderator". He laid out a step-by-step manual method that including using the Media Creation Tool and USB option. I did that. Now I can't get the copy to activate. The label underneath the laptop, where I'm assuming the Windows 7 key would be, is rubbed off. Every page that came up on my search talks about downgrading to 7. It was a clean install so I can't do that. I also tried activation over the phone.

Nowhere in the tutorial did it mention that you have to upgrade first then do the clean install. I can't downgrade to 7 and can't activate 10.

Can somebody please help out with this?

pivlit2, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

1. Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy. - Similar Threads - asking activate genuine

2. Activation of my windows 10 through a retailer . buying a genuine copy of the windows......

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of my windows 10 through a retailer . buying a genuine copy of the windows......: I have buy a genuine copy of Windows 10 through a retailer . but my windows is not activated . now what i can do.. there is given in edition : Windows 10 Pro.. But in activation : there is given the windows is not activated... solve my problem .. give the solution...
  3. Activation of my windows 10 through a retailer . buying a genuine copy of the windows......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of my windows 10 through a retailer . buying a genuine copy of the windows......: I have buy a genuine copy of Windows 10 through a retailer . but my windows is not activated . now what i can do.. there is given in edition : Windows 10 Pro.. But in activation : there is given the windows is not activated... solve my problem .. give the solution...
  4. Activation of my windows 10 through a retailer . buying a genuine copy of the windows......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  6. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  7. Genuine Windows 10 asking to Activate

Genuine Windows 10 asking to Activate: My Windows 10 was a free Upgrade from Windows 8. Everything was good until yesterday. Today I am getting this "Activate Windows" hologram on the lower right corner of my screen. Don't know how to fix it. Please help Thanks...
  8. asking whether iam running a genuine copy of window or not.

asking whether iam running a genuine copy of window or not.: [ATTACH] iam sarvesh karthick . hello sir i just want to know that iam running a genuine copy of windows or it is pirated . i just installed this operating system this year so iam eager to know about my windows 10 operating . But it is functioning well i liked this...
  9. Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating: Hello, I own a digital download copy of Windows 10 purchased from their online store which I've been using for about a year. I've only just recently rebuilt my computer from scratch using the two existing hard drives on with all my files and programmes that I didn't want to...
  10. Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...