Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Jeepers...trying to attach files, and lost the whole she-bang. Well, here goes again. After an attempt to update W10 pro...everything went as we say in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KrispyKris, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804

Jeepers...trying to attach files, and lost the whole she-bang. Well, here goes again. After an attempt to update W10 pro...everything went as we say in Germany, crooked in the pants...(schief in die Hose) Office Apps stopped working, (error opening, repair option no result)

Once upon a time I was an MCSE+Internet+Exchange...back in the days of NT4 and ending with Server 2000. This Windows 10...well, out of my skill set it seems.

Just to let you know, I spent the last two days searching the web, and Forums here for a solution...tried them all, no luck.

I believe all the problems lie with the fact it is now asking for activation. I even went as far as to drop the dosh (259!) for a new license....no joy there, it is not accepted. I spent an hour on the phone with a Microsoft "representative" in India, and after a bit of remote desktop, he told me that my BIOS was not able to handle Windows 10...hogwash. I have been running Windows 10 for over a year. System is running and ASUS MB, with an AMD processor...around six years old or so.

Errors: 0xC0000022, 0xC004F014, 0xC0000225.

Before I lose the text again, I will post, then upload the Licensing results, Windows diagnostics, and Key Info.

All the best from Germany...

Jonathan.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, maybe I need to copy the text of the files?

:)

KrispyKris, Sep 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804 [​IMG]

Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804 [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Sep 28, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804

1. Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804 - Similar Threads - asking activation attempt

2. Windows asking for activation after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  3. Windows asking for activation after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  4. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  5. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows and Office asking for activation after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows and Office asking for activation after update: Hey everyone! I'm having a weird problem I think. My desktop is asking me to "activate my windows 10" and my laptop is asking me to "activate my office". I'm not a computer wizard,tried to reach a friend for help but neither him knew to solve it. I have the same...
  8. After updating to windows 10 from a genuine windows 7, it asks for an activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to windows 10 from a genuine windows 7, it asks for an activation key: As the title says, I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10, but now it's not activated and asking for a product/activation key. Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated....
  9. Problems with eGPU after update to 1903 from 1804

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with eGPU after update to 1903 from 1804: hey! got problems with my eGPU. before update to 1903 - everything worked fine. now in device manager its said video card installed, but in display properties said "display 1 connected to microsoft basic video driver"... i dont know what to say... i deleted all monitors...
  10. Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10: It appears after installing build 1804, that the Start menu, edge, explorer, and my audio device no longer work. I hope not to reset my Windows system. Are there reports of other people having this problem? I cannot access settings to try to download updates....