Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Over a year ago purchased a computer. Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 2016 installed. Now being asked to Activate Windows 10 and also Office.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BarbWallan, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key

Over a year ago purchased a computer. Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 2016 installed.

Now being asked to Activate Windows 10 and also Office.

Purchased Windows 10 from Microsoft Store, installed but won't accept product key.

Comes up with code 0xC004F074.

Yet to attempt Office activation.

Should I attempt to reinstall Windows 10 again?

Any help greatly appreciated

:)

BarbWallan, May 17, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 17, 2020
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, May 17, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key

1. Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key - Similar Threads - asking Activation purchased

2. Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a desktop that previously ran Win 7 then Ubuntu. I need a key to activate so I went on the MS store and bought Win 10/11 and got confirmation e-mail for my $199 purchase, but it doesn't mention the key or how my purchase is going to be...
  3. Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a desktop that previously ran Win 7 then Ubuntu. I need a key to activate so I went on the MS store and bought Win 10/11 and got confirmation e-mail for my $199 purchase, but it doesn't mention the key or how my purchase is going to be...
  4. Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?: I've had this windows 10 pro version a while (upgraded from Windows 8 pro years ago when they were doing promos for 10), but coupel days ago I've had a watermark on my main screen saying to activate windows and go to settings. I tried this and nothing worked. Is this the same...
  6. Product Key won't be accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key won't be accepted: I recently had a crash on my computer from which my Hard Drive could not recover. As a result I lost Windows 10 and all programs on that Hard Drive. I am now trying to fix my computer. I have installed Windows 7 using my old install disk but cannot upgrade back to Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 won't accept key

Windows 10 won't accept key: I have removed and reinstalled Windows 10 on my iMac (running Catalina) running Parallels. I had to delete it several times after the update to Catalina as several functions, the most important being it wouldn't recognize my printer, were not working. After the forth time...
  8. Windows 10 activiation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activiation: Hello. I got an issue. I installed Windows 10 on my friends computer because in the previous version of Windows he had a virus. Im trying to activate windows on this computer with the windows 7 license key but I keep getting an error . It says...
  9. Acceptable activation serial key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Acceptable activation serial key: I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for an hour or so I believe. I finally may be near buying serials keys for all the computers. The question is; Can I buy x64...
  10. Activation Key is not accepted

Activation Key is not accepted: I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/activation-key-is-not-accepted/c1c581c1-c0ca-4764-a933-056460e1e984