Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Forum, I created a microsoft based user other than my usual standard user and made it administrator on my Win10 laptop, post that i restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AMIT1507, Mar 29, 2020.

1. AMIT1507 Win User

Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user

Hello Forum,

I created a microsoft based user other than my usual standard user and made it administrator on my Win10 laptop, post that i restarted my system. No password was created for this new admin user, but now during login screen if i select the new admin user it asks me for the password. Moreover, even if login through the standard user, I cannot remove admin authority for this new user since it asks me for admin password which i never created. I cannot reset my pc since it again asks me for the admin password. My laptop is a preinstalled windows 10 and I dont have any bootable CD for the same. Please suggest how i can cancel the admin authority for the newly created user. Kindly help

Thanks

:)

AMIT1507, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 29, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Mar 29, 2020
  4. freeboy Win User

Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 asking for admin password which i never set , I only created windows admin user - Similar Threads - asking admin password

2. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??: Hi, I’ve basically been frozen out of windows. So I installed a new graphic driver then suddenly when it restarted it wouldn’t allow me to boot into windows. It’s booting my computer into troubleshoot. The problem I’m having is that it won’t allow me to boot into safe mode...
  3. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??: Hi, I’ve basically been frozen out of windows. So I installed a new graphic driver then suddenly when it restarted it wouldn’t allow me to boot into windows. It’s booting my computer into troubleshoot. The problem I’m having is that it won’t allow me to boot into safe mode...
  4. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  6. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  7. never set a password, and account no longer admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    never set a password, and account no longer admin: so i had a local, admin account, on my lenovo ideapad, and it was having connectivity issues. it reset, failed to load something and now, my account is no longer admin, it asks for a passwordeven though ive never used anything but fingerprint or pin and i cant add my...
  8. i forget password of user admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i forget password of user admin: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-password-of-user-admin/7cd67992-60ee-41b3-b366-e71ead0f0585
  9. Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password: Hello, I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on here and had no luck. My next step is to do a Windows reset on the laptop. I go into security settings and windows reset,...
  10. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. never set up administrator password