Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my mother's HP Desktop. We shut it down and unplugged it to swap the power cord into a new surge protector, but upon turning it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by The Squirrel King, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

I'm having trouble with my mother's HP Desktop. We shut it down and unplugged it to swap the power cord into a new surge protector, but upon turning it back on, we received an error message."The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.Reconstructing Cache Metadata.Please do not interrupt this process.After letting this go for roughly half an hour, we decided to start troubleshooting. So we forced it to go into automatic repair and attempted to go into startup repair. However, it asked us for an admin password. We never set up an admin password for this computer, not to my knowledge at least.

:)

The Squirrel King, Apr 16, 2023
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 16, 2023
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Apr 16, 2023
  4. freeboy Win User

Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Apr 16, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

1. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was... - Similar Threads - asking administrator password

2. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...: I'm having trouble with my mother's HP Desktop. We shut it down and unplugged it to swap the power cord into a new surge protector, but upon turning it back on, we received an error message."The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.Reconstructing Cache Metadata.Please do...
  3. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...: I'm having trouble with my mother's HP Desktop. We shut it down and unplugged it to swap the power cord into a new surge protector, but upon turning it back on, we received an error message."The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.Reconstructing Cache Metadata.Please do...
  4. Administrator password on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator password on startup: I set up an administrator password, but for some reason my computer keeps asking me for the password on the startup. Something that looks like this I want to remove this ,but I can't find how to do itI am on Windows 11 that I put on my new pc build...
  5. Administrator password on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator password on startup: I set up an administrator password, but for some reason my computer keeps asking me for the password on the startup. Something that looks like this I want to remove this ,but I can't find how to do itI am on Windows 11 that I put on my new pc build...
  6. Windows 10: Stuck at Startup Repair due to Forgot Admin Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Stuck at Startup Repair due to Forgot Admin Password: Hi,I changed something in my BIOS settings and after restarting my laptop it was just black screen without cursor. So I tried troubleshooting it but I cannot proceed to "Startup Repair" because I forgot my administrator account. I also tried to just proceed and not enter any...
  7. Admin password is not Administrator password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password is not Administrator password: Can’t find much online. basically a machine was given to me for a project and I was made an administrator with ‘full’ control. There are other admin accounts on the computer. I need to boot from an USB and when asked for the admin password I enter it and it says it’s invalid....
  8. Windows 10 Password for Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Password for Startup Repair: Hi, Startup repair keeps on rejecting my windows 10 password and I am very sure it is my correct password as I use it in logging in to microsoft website. I have two step verification on. Does that affect the password? I tried generate app password but still not working....
  9. windows 10 is asking ADMIN Password in "troubleshoot" and in "Advance repair Mode"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 is asking ADMIN Password in "troubleshoot" and in "Advance repair Mode": Dear experts, after a routine update, once my laptop restarted and stuck on the sign-in page asking admin/administrator password when My laptop had no password set ever, somehow with the help of google I could fix this and my laptop is started but in "troubleshoot" and in...
  10. Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asking Or administrative password: After resetting my Dell laptop to factory settings I can’t do anything. I cannot get into my computer it keeps asking for a administrator password. What can I do?...