Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, How do I set the minimum digit pin to 4 digits? Using Windows 10 Education x64. Best Regards 117544 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zpmarcos, Sep 9, 2018.

1. zpmarcos Win User

Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

Hi,

How do I set the minimum digit pin to 4 digits?

Using Windows 10 Education x64.

Best Regards

:)

zpmarcos, Sep 9, 2018

2. How do I change my lock sceen password to a 6 digit pin on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 6 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 6 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 6 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2018
  3. 550 won't unlock using 4 digit screen pin or 6 digit find my phone lock pin

Left Lumia 550 in PUB other day. Traced using Finf My Phone app and locked as precaution. Recovered phone sameday but unle to unlock using 6-digit code used or usual 4 digin pin. Suggestions please.

WilliamGladstone, Sep 9, 2018
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Disable Windows 10 Pro PIN complexity rules

My PIN one day suddenly asked me to make it 6 digits minimum to be encrypted. Default group policy on enterrise. I could have 111111 but not 1111 apparently.

'Mike P, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin - Similar Threads - asking minimum digit

2. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  3. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  4. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  6. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  7. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

8. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  9. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  10. Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin: Hi, How do I set the minimum digit pin to 4 digits? Using Windows 10 Education x64. Best Regards 117544

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows asking for pin now

2. windows moves from 4 digit to 6 digit pin

3. win 10 change 6 digit pin for 4 digit

4. windows 10 suddenly ask to change to 6 digit pin,
  5. 6 digit in windows 10,
  6. change 6 digit to 4 digit win 10 logon,
  7. windows 10 6 digit pin,
  8. windows 10 pin 6 digits