Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After last night's latest and greatest update for Windows 10, I discover that I can no longer access my Qnap NAS from the PC that was updated (I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Half a Clue, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

After last night's latest and greatest update for Windows 10, I discover that I can no longer access my Qnap NAS from the PC that was updated (I'm afraid to allow any of the other ones to update, but given Microsoft's obnoxious forced updating, I can only delay that so long). When I try and connect, it asks me for network credentials, though the NAS is set up to allow everyone access; there are no passwords other than the admin one. I've tried a number of "solutions" ranging from simply rebooting, checking that the require services are running, turning on sharing in advanced sharing settings and removing the network mapping. I now can no longer map the drive as it asks for credentials. I tried a user name at one point, and now it's stuck with that. This literally worked yesterday until I installed the update. Any solutions?

:)

Half a Clue, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS even after diabling

I have tried EVERYTHING and I still can't access my NAS Buffalo drive because I don't know the credentials Windows is asking for!

Even if I create a credential and then enter it when asked, I keep getting "Access is denied"

I have completely disabled credentials (in root programs) and it is still asking for one on the NAS

I created a local profile and it is still asking for a credential for the NAS

What is going on?!?!?!?

EmilyMartin2, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

Win 10 Network Credentials - driving me crazy

A few facts

My windows account does not have a password set just a user name - not best practice but it works for me.

I have 2 separate NAS drives (Synology) for one of which I am being asked for network credentials. Windows explorer shows both NAS drives.

Loging into the NAS itself I can see all the files in the NAS but cannot transfer them to my Win 10 machine as Windows is asking for network credentials. I also cannot write to this drive.

However I set this up as a backup 3 days ago and had no problems with network credentials then. I do not remember having to enter any credentials but may have done so and forgotten.

The other NAS drive I can connect to with no problem and transfer files as normal - I assume that the network credentials for this are stored somewhere on the PC and I guess encrypted.

There is no home group set up according to Windows explorer. I just use ethernet to copy files to my wife's PC occasionally which works OK.

Password protected sharing is turned off. Network discovery is on.

I have tried all the passwords I can remember and also my Microsoft Account name and password. Nothing works.

Any suggestions as to haow to recover or reset my network credentials will be VERY welcome

John

John Cranmer, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

1. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update - Similar Threads - asking network credentials

2. NAS "Enter network credentials"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NAS "Enter network credentials": Asustor NAS connected to Z490 desktop Win 11 Pro via ethernet.Password protected sharing is turned Off in Advanced network settings>Advanced sharing settings.When I try to access the NAS using File Explorer the Windows Security "Enter network credentials" dialogue box appears...
  3. NAS "Enter network credentials"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAS "Enter network credentials": Asustor NAS connected to Z490 desktop Win 11 Pro via ethernet.Password protected sharing is turned Off in Advanced network settings>Advanced sharing settings.When I try to access the NAS using File Explorer the Windows Security "Enter network credentials" dialogue box appears...
  4. windows 10 network issue asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 network issue asking for credentials: I have just reinstalled windows 10 as I was having issues updating. I am now trying to setup a network. I have setup file sharing etc. my network is private. I have turned on network discovery and I have turned off the pin and the need to sign into windows.when I try to...
  5. Network credentials in relation to WD NAS

Network credentials in relation to WD NAS: When I try to open my documents on my WD MyCloud Mirror, I am asked to enter my network credentials. I cannot find what there are- where would I locate them?...
  6. Asking for Network Credentials

Asking for Network Credentials: I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both appear in the other's File Explorer. A can access B but when tries to access A it gets an "Enter Network Credentials" message....
  7. Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS

Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS: I am using windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1903 and want to use 6TB WD NAS as Map Drive to my Desktop pc. i already did the following: 1. turned off the password protected sharing 2. uninstall anti virus 3. turned off firewall 4. i add the username and passwd in credential manager...
  8. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...
  9. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  10. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nas asking for credentials

2. cant access network attached drive windows 10 network credential errors

3. what windows security network credentials for synology assistant

4. how to get a network access on a laptop by loging into admin account in windows 10,
  5. nasready credential,
  6. nas drive asking for credentials,
  7. enter network credential qnap nas,
  8. unable to access the nas drive on network asking for credentials,
  9. synology windows network credentials,
  10. synology nas asks me for network credentials windows 10,
  11. network credentials NAS,
  12. Win 10 PC asking for Network Credentials Last Update 2019,
  13. windows 10 requesting nas credentials