Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My 13year old was home today doing his homework and when he turned on his computer its asking him to login on a microsoft account?? ****? He has had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZukiDude, Nov 16, 2022.

1. ZukiDude Win User

Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.

My 13year old was home today doing his homework and when he turned on his computer its asking him to login on a microsoft account?? ****? He has had the laptop for 2 years logging in locally. He had to use my desktop work pc at home to connect to his class work. Why is Microsoft forcing everyone to login with an online account? More data mining?? This is ridiculous. So upset today thats for sure.

:)

ZukiDude, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot. :(

Zakin, Nov 16, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot. - Similar Threads - asking online account

2. Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.: My 13year old was home today doing his homework and when he turned on his computer its asking him to login on a microsoft account?? ****? He has had the laptop for 2 years logging in locally. He had to use my desktop work pc at home to connect to his class work. Why is...
  3. Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 asking for online account after reboot.: My 13year old was home today doing his homework and when he turned on his computer its asking him to login on a microsoft account?? ****? He has had the laptop for 2 years logging in locally. He had to use my desktop work pc at home to connect to his class work. Why is...
  4. User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Inaccessible after Windows 10 Update and Reboot: After installing cumulative Windows 10 update for 20H2 and performing required reboot, went to Settings/Updates and saw error message saying there was a problem with the reboot and to repeat it. Ever since that second reboot I have not been able to access my acount.When I...
  5. Windows 10 Online Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Online Account: Hello all - I am in the process of setting up a new Win 10 machine and I'm going to use my MS Online account as the main account on the PC. However, I am wondering about two things: 1. For my main MS Account, is it different from the MS community site's account? The...
  6. Continually being asked for Admin permission in Win10 online account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Continually being asked for Admin permission in Win10 online account: Hi, I have just set up a new Win10 laptop, and signed in with my Microsoft Hotmail account. I am set up as an administrator. However, every time I copy files, or start up a program I am asked for admin permission to complete the task. This is a bit annoying but not a...
  7. Windows 10 rebooting without asking

Windows 10 rebooting without asking: For the nth time my Windows 10 box was rebooted lat night, without my permission, costing my n hours of work, and after I had followed every single thread and set every possible configuration, policy, and registry setting I could find the last time this happened. I did just...
  8. Windows is asking me to activate after purchasing Windows 10 Pro online.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is asking me to activate after purchasing Windows 10 Pro online.: I've had a paid licence for Windows 10 for a couple of years now and yesterday I decided to buy Windows 10 Pro through the app store. I purchased it, got an email, Windows 10 Pro installed, I believe, and now am getting the Active Windows watermark. Also this: [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 won't reactivate with a offline account after using an online license

Windows 10 won't reactivate with a offline account after using an online license: My device has a license which I've used with a Microsoft account for the past year. I was going to resell it and reinstalled windows without an online account and the laptop no longer activates. Its a dell so it should have a valid key....
  10. Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot: I left my computer running for a few hours, came back, and tried to launch a program. It said the shortcut no longer existed. I opened my file browser to manually go to the app, but the drive it was installed on gave me an I/O error. I rebooted, thinking that would fix it....