Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After resetting my laptop to fix the little slowdown from about 30 minutes of gameplay, it is now asking for a password that I don't even remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bobby Cobble, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

After resetting my laptop to fix the little slowdown from about 30 minutes of gameplay, it is now asking for a password that I don't even remember putting. There is literally no other option but to enter my username and password, or email and password. I entered everything I could think of, and it just keeps saying that either one is incorrect. Is it asking for a microsoft password? I doubt it for it just said the password that was entered was wrong after resetting it in this website, and entering it on my computer. Please help quick.

:)

Bobby Cobble, Dec 31, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Windows Asks for PIN but Wants Password

I use Windows 10. I have set up both a PIN and a Windows password. I rarely need either since I normally sign onto my computer using the fingerprint reader. However, once in a while the fingerprint reader doesn't work, and Windows asks for my PIN. Lately,
    I have entered my PIN (which I know is correct) but Windows says it's wrong. It does accept my password. Why is Windows asking for a PIN if it wants a password? How do I correct this?

Marianne_968, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

1. Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the... - Similar Threads - asking password resetting

2. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  3. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  4. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that

Windows 10 suddenly ask for pin after restart & can't reset pin after that: Hi, Win10 suddenly ask for pin after restart. Normally i logon using thumbprint. Since i forgot the pin, i click on 'I forgot pin' and fill in the email and password and also it prompt for windows mobile authentication shortly after. After it pass through that process, it...
  6. Asking for password instead of pin.

Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  7. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  8. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows asks for password instead of pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows asks for password instead of pin: I ised to log in via pin, but today it asked for password, totally out of blue. I couldn’t figure the password so I reset it in my Microsoft account. But new password doesn’t work as well. What do I do?...
  10. Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin: Hello I was getting some “host error” every time I’d start my computer so I followed this tutorial method number 3 to fix my problem, I disabled all windows services and restarted my computer. Upon restart it started asking me for my password which I don’t remember even tho...