Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have set up a pin, when I start or restart the laptop, windows 10 asks for the pin, however when the laptop wakes from sleep, it asks for the pin.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aloyse123, May 16, 2019.

1. Aloyse123 Win User

Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep

I have set up a pin, when I start or restart the laptop, windows 10 asks for the pin, however when the laptop wakes from sleep, it asks for the pin. How can I set it to also ask for the pin after waking from sleep?

:)

Aloyse123, May 16, 2019
  2. vanowm Win User

Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

Hello.

I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64.
    Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up it asks for my pin. However time to time for no apparent reason when wakes up it asks for for password instead, I have to switch to pin at login screen, then it works fine for a while again.

Anyone know what causing it and how to fix it (I don't want it ever ask for password by default)?

Thank you.

vanowm, May 16, 2019
  3. Gawin91 Win User
    Windows 10 asks for password instead of PIN

I restarted my Windows 10 laptop and out of the blue, the login screen decides to ask for a password instead of my PIN which it usually does. Now I don't even remember if iIever set up a password, but if I did, I am very certain that there is only one I
    would have used, but it says it's incorrect. I want to ask if there is a way to make it ask for my PIN instead.

Also, for some reason it isn't showing internet connection even though i have it connected through ethernet.

Gawin91, May 16, 2019
  4. lg25 Win User

Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

I'm having the same issue since installing Bitdefender. Had Avast installed (paid version) but it went wonky and started blocking email along with other weird issues. It seems like it only happens when the PC is off overnight. I can reboot and get the PIN again, but when I shut down for the night, I always get the password. It's really annoying. Login was simple before, now I have to pay close attention. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 25+ digit VeraCrypt password before it. I'm considering getting rid of the password altogether.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - asking password instead

2. Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep: For some reason, even after changing options in GPEdit, the OS refuses to ask me for a password when I wake the computer from sleep without first locking the computer.For context, the user account is a local user account.I tried following the instructions from Claudeeera on...
  3. Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep: For some reason, even after changing options in GPEdit, the OS refuses to ask me for a password when I wake the computer from sleep without first locking the computer.For context, the user account is a local user account.I tried following the instructions from Claudeeera on...
  4. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  5. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  6. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**: Hello Microsoft Team,I am having some kind of issue related to passwords. My Computer does not ask for password when I turn it on. But after waking it from sleep it ask's for password, I want to disable that password after waking it from sleep. How can I do that?...
  8. Windows asks for password instead of pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows asks for password instead of pin: I ised to log in via pin, but today it asked for password, totally out of blue. I couldn’t figure the password so I reset it in my Microsoft account. But new password doesn’t work as well. What do I do?...
  9. Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin: Hello I was getting some “host error” every time I’d start my computer so I followed this tutorial method number 3 to fix my problem, I disabled all windows services and restarted my computer. Upon restart it started asking me for my password which I don’t remember even tho...
  10. Computer doesn’t ask for password after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn’t ask for password after waking from sleep: Windows does not ask for password after being in sleep mode. Require sign in is selected in stetting's for "When PC wakes up from sleep" ***Modified title from: Problems with password after being in sleep mode ***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ask password instead of PIN

2. windows was asking for passsword instead of pin after windows updatde

3. ask for password after sleep