Windows 10: Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have set up a pin, when I start or restart the laptop, windows 10 asks for the pin, however when the laptop wakes from sleep, it asks for the pin.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aloyse123, May 16, 2019 at 3:57 PM.

1. Aloyse123 Win User

Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep

I have set up a pin, when I start or restart the laptop, windows 10 asks for the pin, however when the laptop wakes from sleep, it asks for the pin. How can I set it to also ask for the pin after waking from sleep?

:)

2. vanowm Win User

Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

Hello.

I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64.
    Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up it asks for my pin. However time to time for no apparent reason when wakes up it asks for for password instead, I have to switch to pin at login screen, then it works fine for a while again.

Anyone know what causing it and how to fix it (I don't want it ever ask for password by default)?

Thank you.

3. Gawin91 Win User
    Windows 10 asks for password instead of PIN

I restarted my Windows 10 laptop and out of the blue, the login screen decides to ask for a password instead of my PIN which it usually does. Now I don't even remember if iIever set up a password, but if I did, I am very certain that there is only one I
    would have used, but it says it's incorrect. I want to ask if there is a way to make it ask for my PIN instead.

Also, for some reason it isn't showing internet connection even though i have it connected through ethernet.

4. lg25 Win User

Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

I'm having the same issue since installing Bitdefender. Had Avast installed (paid version) but it went wonky and started blocking email along with other weird issues. It seems like it only happens when the PC is off overnight. I can reboot and get the PIN again, but when I shut down for the night, I always get the password. It's really annoying. Login was simple before, now I have to pay close attention. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 25+ digit VeraCrypt password before it. I'm considering getting rid of the password altogether.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - asking password instead

2. Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots instead of waking up from sleep mode: I've seen lots of power/sleep problems discussed on forums, but nothing exactly like the problem I'm having since the latest Windows 10 update. The laptop seems to go to sleep fine. Then when I open the lid or press the power button to wake it up, it makes the unmistakable...
  3. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  4. Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake: Hello. I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64. Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up it asks for my pin. However time to time for no apparent reason when wakes up it asks for for password instead, I have to...
  5. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...
  6. Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up

Windows 10 not asking for password when waking up: Dell XPS 8700 desktop, came with 8.1 Home, upgraded to 10 Home, then fresh installed 10 Home. Settings through the Settings menu and through Control Panel both set to ask for password when waking up, but it doesn't. It does on boot, but not on wakeup. Latest bios, A11,...
  7. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  8. BSOD after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  9. Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking): When I put my laptop to sleep and then attempt to wake it up, it will power on (going through the boot up screens) instead of just waking up, thus causing me to lose any information open on the computer. I have tried a few things to try to wake it up to no avail: sfc...
  10. System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead: I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It was working so great and it would wake up from sleep super fast too, but one day I got a BSOD and Windows couldn't start anymore. So yeah, nothing worked, couldn't fix it in any other way. I had to get it...