Windows 10: Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

Discus and support Windows 10 asking Or administrative password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After resetting my Dell laptop to factory settings I can’t do anything. I cannot get into my computer it keeps asking for a administrator password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LorieElgin, May 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

After resetting my Dell laptop to factory settings I can’t do anything. I cannot get into my computer it keeps asking for a administrator password. What can I do?

:)

LorieElgin, May 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 asks for administrator password

Hi Carl,

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if you face the same issue.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users.

• Select add someone else on this PC.

• Enter a user name and hit next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to change the account type to administrator account by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Under make changes to your account, click on
      Manage another account.

• Select the account which you want to change.

• Now click on change the account type.

• Select Administrator
      and click on Change the Account Type to change the account type to administrator account.

• Now check if you are able to perform the tasks.
    Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 12, 2019
  3. Boot into Windows as administrator

Select other user and type administrator and the corresponding password?

You could try to Google before asking everything.

DanTheBanjoman, May 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

I've installed Windows 10 and now I can't make any changes. Keeps asking for administrator password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which account are you using? Is it Administrator account or standard account?
    I suggest you to login with Admin Account and create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

If you don’t have admin account follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a local account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 asking Or administrative password

1. Windows 10 asking Or administrative password - Similar Threads - asking administrative password

2. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...: I'm having trouble with my mother's HP Desktop. We shut it down and unplugged it to swap the power cord into a new surge protector, but upon turning it back on, we received an error message."The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.Reconstructing Cache Metadata.Please do...
  3. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...: I'm having trouble with my mother's HP Desktop. We shut it down and unplugged it to swap the power cord into a new surge protector, but upon turning it back on, we received an error message."The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.Reconstructing Cache Metadata.Please do...
  4. Windows 10 asking for administrator password for startup repair, but no admin password was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to make app not asking for administration password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make app not asking for administration password?: When I use resource monitor it constantly ask for admin password. What I need to do to make it stop asking for password in future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-app-not-asking-for-administration/cb352d1f-f14d-40f4-8357-e2343b1c5bc3
  6. How to make app not asking for administration password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make app not asking for administration password?: When I use resource monitor it constantly ask for admin password. What I need to do to make it stop asking for password in future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-app-not-asking-for-administration/cb352d1f-f14d-40f4-8357-e2343b1c5bc3
  7. How to make app not asking for administration password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Hidden administrator of Windows is asking for password.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hidden administrator of Windows is asking for password.: Hello. I have enabled the hidden admin for my Windows 10 computer. However, when I switch to it, it will ask for a password. This is the first time I am enabling it so I am not sure why it is asking for password.Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password: I'm trying to delete my OneDrive folder on my current PC and it says I need the permission of the admin. Thing is, I'm currently signed in as the admin. It's the only account on my PC. I would assume that it would just ask for my password, but no password prompt ever shows...
  10. Windows 10 not asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not asking for password: Hi, I have win 10 and did a "fresh startup." After some time the computer restarted and shows my usual background, date, etc., but it does not ask for my password to login into Windows. So I can't use Windows at all. Any clue? thanks, Gabe....