Windows 10: Windows 10 asking to sign n Microsoft despite set to local account

Discus and support Windows 10 asking to sign n Microsoft despite set to local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; That indicates that you are in fact not asked to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of your usual local account, but that you simply usually boot... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pulcinella, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 asking to sign n Microsoft despite set to local account

@Kari, thanks for your reply.
    I don't use a password, I'm automatically signed in as Local Account Administrator ( that is what I meant for local account) I should have being more specific.

BTW when occasionally prompted to sign in with a microsoft account, now I just click on the option Sign in instead of close. (These are the to option offered.)
    It take me to my local account administrator window and sign me in automaticaly .

I'll try your above solution next time.

Hopefully the Spring update version wont have this glitch.

Ps. I don't use Advance User Control

Pulcinella, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hi .
    This past two weeks on three occasion when starting the computer, windows 10 asked to sign in into microsoft account despite my setting are to sign in with a local account.
    I rebooted and at restart no issue with my local account.
    Did the same today, but at reboot again was asked to sign in.
    I signed out instead of close and I was redirected to my local account.
    Anybody having this issue?

:)

Pulcinella, Apr 11, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Constant changing of pass word and difficulty in signing in to windows 10

Not sure what accounts you are referring to.

Basically there is 2 ways to sign in to your Windows 10 machine.

Either with a Windows local account or with Microsoft cloud account.

Check if you are signing in with Windows local account or MS cloud account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17201/...

As for Chrome and Edge asking you to sign in that is not signing into the Windows operating system.

What is the URL in Chrome or Edge where it keeps asking you to sign in?

SarahKong, Apr 11, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 asking to sign n Microsoft despite set to local account

Removing password on startup in windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 integrates your Microsoft account with your user account on the computer. This is why you see your Microsoft account as the available account when logging in to the system. This should be remedied by simply switching the sign-in option in Settings.
    Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Your account.
    • Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter the password for your Microsoft account.
    • Recreate the local account.
    You will be asked to sign out for the changes to be applied. This shall keep your Microsoft account from being connected to your local account, and you will be able to sign in to the computer with the local account.

Don't refrain from posting if you need more help.

Ruz San, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    First, please tell if your local account has a password or not, and if it has, have you used Advanced User Account controls (netplwiz) to sign in automatically?

You said:

That indicates that you are in fact not asked to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of your usual local account, but that you simply usually boot automatically to Windows without entering a password but now for some reason you are occasionally presented a sign-in screen.

If your local account has a password, enter it in sign-in screen and press Enter. If your local account has no password, just press Enter.

6. cereberus Win User
    Something is borked in accounts in 17133. When I reboot PC, it comes up with local account name, and I use the local account password to login. I go to settings accounts, and it says I am logging in with an MS account and no option to change to local or MS account displayed.

I think I may have to set up a new user and delete this profile.

This has happened twice (once in a vm, and on my tablet).

I cannot say if this is same as OP's issue but seems very similar.

EDIT : Argggghhhhh - I created new local account as admin, deleted old account, and tried to change to MS account and it would not let me saying another user had that account. Rebooted, same issue. I went to MS account and manually deleted tablet from devices, tried again - no account other than new one but will not let ne use my MS account. It is truly screwed up!

cereberus, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 asking to sign n Microsoft despite set to local account

1. Windows 10 asking to sign n Microsoft despite set to local account - Similar Threads - asking sign Microsoft

2. Revert to local account after Windows 10 update signed in with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Revert to local account after Windows 10 update signed in with Microsoft account: Dear Microsoft Team,Greetings from Holland! How are you doing today? I'm currently facing an issue what's really annoying. I have a desktop pc for which only one local account is used. I don't know what happened, but I assume that after a Windows Update the pc started to log...
  3. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account locally on Windows 10 but can sign in on Microsoft.com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft account locally on Windows 10 but can sign in on Microsoft.com: I can sign into my Microsoft account on the Microsoft website but not locally on Windows 10.This is stopping me from upgrading to Windows Pro.The account I am trying to use is the same one I am using to post this question.I encounter the same problem when trying to add...
  4. Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account

Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. When trying to "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" of a Local Account, I get this error: Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. I did get an error code on the first few dozens...
  5. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  6. Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.: I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and now when I go to change the setting to back to sign in with Microsoft account it tells me that account is already in use on...
  7. Local to Microsoft Account for Win10 sign in

Local to Microsoft Account for Win10 sign in: I'm currently using a local sign in for my Win 10 Home computer. I've gone the "netplwiz.exe" route to eliminate having to sign in as I'm the only user in the home using that PC. I have several questions involving what happens if I switch and start using my Microsoft account...
  8. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...