Windows 10: Windows 10 asking to verify pin on startup - change display language

Discus and support Windows 10 asking to verify pin on startup - change display language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I searched the internet for solutions to this problem and found none that made sense in my case. However, the problem was resolved when I changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbapel, May 25, 2021.

1. cbapel Win User

Windows 10 asking to verify pin on startup - change display language

I searched the internet for solutions to this problem and found none that made sense in my case. However, the problem was resolved when I changed the language settings. I had initially set up windows with English (United States) as the display/system language. Later, I changed the region to English (Switzerland) and this also changed the display language. Apparently, this caused confusion on the windows user settings and I kept getting a prompt to verify it was me by entering my pin. I hope this can help others, it was a lucky discovery since none of the search results led me to this solution. windows 10 version 20H2 (OS build 19042.985)

:)

cbapel, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 asking to verify pin on startup - change display language

1. Windows 10 asking to verify pin on startup - change display language - Similar Threads - asking verify pin

2. The Windows is asking to change the PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows is asking to change the PIN.: First a blue screen asking for my password appeared and then the next message said are you sure you want to change your pin. First time i changed the PIN and this message is displayed again after a week. To get rid of the message i have to reboot the device...
  3. The Windows is asking to change the PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows is asking to change the PIN.: First a blue screen asking for my password appeared and then the next message said are you sure you want to change your pin. First time i changed the PIN and this message is displayed again after a week. To get rid of the message i have to reboot the device...
  4. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  5. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  6. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change Windows 10 Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 Display Language: When I first opened my computer after buying it, it asked me to pick a language. I accidently clicked on Portuguese, and now my entire computer is in Portuguese, which I don't speak very well. I read the tutorials and tried to change the display language to English via...
  8. Changing Windows 10 Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows 10 Display Language: I am able to download language packs but there is no option as setting them as default language. I searched help online but it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-windows-10-display-language/95ecb1e5-01b8-4f8f-81e4-562d36ca65ef
  9. Change Display Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Display Language in Windows 10: How to: Change Display Language in Windows 10 How to Change Display Language in Windows 10 The display language you select changes the default language used by all Windows features like Settings and File Explorer. See also: Manage the input and display language...
  10. Change Windows 10 Display Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Windows 10 Display Language: I seem to remember changing the display language in Windows 8 (or 8.1, I forget) but I no longer seem to be able to in after upgrading today to Windows 10. (Want to change display language to English) Versions: Windows 8 Home, Windows 10 Home If I go into settings and...