Windows 10: Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login

Discus and support Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 laptops joined to Azure using my outlook.com email. My outlook.com had 2FA setup, since updating to 20h2 one of the laptops started... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martin1121, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login

Hello,

I have 2 laptops joined to Azure using my outlook.com email.

My outlook.com had 2FA setup, since updating to 20h2 one of the laptops started asking for 2FA during login, second laptop doesnt do that.

Has something changed in 20h2 in terms of login? I dont want to use 2FA when accessing my laptop as it takes much longer.

Is there any way to switch this Azure authentication off without removing laptop from Azure account?

:)

Martin1121, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

I tried everything that you suggested.

I am trying to login to Microsoft account.

And I am able to login using the web interface.

I used on-screen keyboard too. But the issue persists. It gives an error, and asks to try again.

Please help. I am stuck.

Thanks in advance.

vikas.bandaru, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login

1. Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login - Similar Threads - asks 2FA during

2. Are there any backup codes for Windows 2FA login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any backup codes for Windows 2FA login?: Hi, I am planing to start using multi-factor authentication to log in to my OS Windows 11. FIDO U2F security key + password. Are there any backup codes which Microsoft provides fow Windows login like some apps do Instagram, Google, Facebook, etc. so I can regain access to my...
  3. Are there any backup codes for Windows 2FA login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any backup codes for Windows 2FA login?: Hi, I am planing to start using multi-factor authentication to log in to my OS Windows 11. FIDO U2F security key + password. Are there any backup codes which Microsoft provides fow Windows login like some apps do Instagram, Google, Facebook, etc. so I can regain access to my...
  4. 2FA with MS Authenticator App for Windows 10/11 Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2FA with MS Authenticator App for Windows 10/11 Login: Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue.I have a Windows 10 Pro joined to Azure AD with a Corporate Account and Business license Azure AD P1 and Intune.Is there a way to use the Ms Auth App as 2FA in the Windows 10 login?I want each time the user logon to Windows 10;...
  5. 2FA with MS Authenticator App for Windows 10/11 Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2FA with MS Authenticator App for Windows 10/11 Login: Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue.I have a Windows 10 Pro joined to Azure AD with a Corporate Account and Business license Azure AD P1 and Intune.Is there a way to use the Ms Auth App as 2FA in the Windows 10 login?I want each time the user logon to Windows 10;...
  6. 2FA with MS Authenticator App for Windows 10/11 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. 2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA: I was going to sign in to Visual Studio 2019 with my Microsoft Account and then was prompted to use 2 Factor Auth. using the Authenticator App and I realized that it was not completely setup, meaning that Microsoft is asking for 2FA when I have not enabled mobile sign in. And...
  8. Does adding 2FA effect Windows 10 Login ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does adding 2FA effect Windows 10 Login ?: Morning all. I'm looking to secure my Hotmail account with 2FA. Right now this will be using Authy. However I use this account to login to my Windows 10 PC (normal login, no Biometrics / Hello / etc). When I add 2FA, is there any danger that it will effect / block my ability...
  9. Windows 10 Login & 2FA

Windows 10 Login & 2FA: Hi all. Hope you can help. I’m in the process of securing my hotmail account (main MSFT account that includes Office subscription) and want to add 2FA. I use this account for logging into my main Windows 10 PC. If I add 2FA to the account could it create an issues with my...
  10. Windows 10 2FA

Windows 10 2FA: Hey folks, I was wondering if anybody knows a way I can enable 2FA on windows. I want that when I put my password on the login screen that I need to Authorise it through a app or email before you can login into the pc. Thanks regardless submitted by /u/PyroSan03 [link]...