Windows 10: Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password

Discus and support Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got windows 10 yesterday and signed into my microsoft account and got the machine set up Now windows asks me to have internet access to login i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by abdoxch, Jun 26, 2020.

1. abdoxch Win User

Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password

I got windows 10 yesterday and signed into my microsoft account and got the machine set up

Now windows asks me to have internet access to login

i have internet access by ethernet so its no problem

but its annoying when i dont plug in my ethernet cable

can anyone help?

Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password [​IMG]

:)

abdoxch, Jun 26, 2020
  2. marisaPO Win User

Microsoft login asking for Windows password

I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, have done the reset my password routine when I thought perhaps I had forgotten my password, but it turns out I had not forgotten my pw. The snag is that when I go to login, I get through to the step where it asks
    for my current Windows password. So login steps go login MS, MS password, and then Windows password. My Microsoft pw doesn't work. I have no clue what my Windows pw is and there is no option for "forgot my password."

What's up with this? It seems ironic that I'm selecting "ease of access" as a category. How do I get past this?

Marisa

marisaPO, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password - Similar Threads - asks Microsoft login

2. windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. While streaming I was prompted to sign-in with a pin code which I never created in the first place. This also occurred with my laptop but I was able to login using the Microsoft authenticator app. My desktop doesn't provide that...
  3. Not able to login to Windows - asking for microsoft account login!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login to Windows - asking for microsoft account login!: Hi, From yesterday my son's laptop is giving this strange issue suddenly that only sign-in option which is available is Microsoft account log in it was local account with PIN just 2 days ago. I created MICROSOFT account for him and after log in to Microsoft screen not...
  4. Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login: hi - my computer screen turns to "screen saver mode" after 5mn or 10mn or 1 hour of no activity according to what i chose. to go back to work, i have to enter my pin code. i want to go back to work directly and without entering any pin. thank you [Original Title: screen...
  5. Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password

Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password: Suddenly windows 10 is asking me to log in every time i turn my PC on. The weird part is there are 2 users to choose from. Both have the same name my name but my password only works for one of them. If i go into the "netplwiz" there is only one user. I already have "user...
  6. Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password: [IMG]So today, i got on my pc and when i opened it, my computer was asking for a password. I didnt set a password or anything and its asking for one. Also, my computers language is Chinese even though i set it as English. Yesterday, my pc didnt require a password and it was...
  7. Login screen keeps asking for password

Login screen keeps asking for password: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  8. Login screen asking for password everytime

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen asking for password everytime: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  9. Login screen asking for password everytime

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen asking for password everytime: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  10. Windows 10 not asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not asking for password: Hi, I have win 10 and did a "fresh startup." After some time the computer restarted and shows my usual background, date, etc., but it does not ask for my password to login into Windows. So I can't use Windows at all. Any clue? thanks, Gabe....