Windows 10: Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po

Discus and support Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 asks for password when it comes out of sleep but not after it is powered on. I really need it to require password starting up. If this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by repulsor101, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po

Windows 10 asks for password when it comes out of sleep but not after it is powered on.

I really need it to require password starting up.

If this helps, I don't have an option to in settings:

Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po [​IMG]

edit: realized only part of title fit in.

:)

repulsor101, Aug 2, 2015

2. Locked out of computer after win10 update

I am locked out of my computer because I purchased the computer online i never needed a user name or password so I never changed any of the precious owner's admin settings. On Saturday the computer automatically upgraded to windows 10 and is now
    asking me for a password, which I don't have and I do not have access to any of the previous owners information! I purchased the computer for quickbooks pos for my business. So now I cant log into my computer or access my pos to run my business! Please help!

JamesConarton, Aug 2, 2015
  3. No internet coming out of sleep after coming out of sleep

I am having the same problem, except my connection is WiFi. The wireless router has been programmed so that the SSID is not broadcast. Whenever the WiFi adapter on my computer is turned off, either manually by me or by turning off the computer, it is unable
    to reconnect to the network unless I manually enter in the SSID and password. Once I enter in the information, the WiFi does connect, and then shows multiple network names with 2,3,4,5, etc after it, I'm assuming because I've manually entered in the information
    that many times.

It should be noted that I have selected the option that the computer automatically connect even if the SSID is not broadcasting its name and so that it should automatically connect. There are no issues with any of my other devices. It should be noted that
    this issue has only begun after the most recent automatic update two days ago. I have tried all of the suggestions above to no avail as my driver is already up-to-date. What else can be done to correct this issue. It is becoming frustrating having to enter
    in all of the information every time my computer goes to sleep and then wake up.

JessicaWaltersVB, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po

You can try to add a password and then remove it. I don't know what "PO" is?

Gary, Aug 2, 2015
  5. You know, after the thing's been powered on for quite a while, maybe left on overnight, I turn the screen part back on, but then it asks me for my password there too. How do I turn that​ off?

HoneycombWX, Aug 2, 2015
  6. avemaria Win User
    check the user accounts section

enter netplwiz in the search box and enter

-highlight your account (admin if you're the only one.. if you have multiple you'll have to set it for each one how you want it)
    -if it's already highlighted, check and uncheck the 'users must enter a password' box at the top (this allows you to click 'apply' at the bottom to move on to the password page)
    -if you want to have people enter a password, leave it checked.. if not, leave it blank
    -click apply
    -then it'll ask you to enter your password, which you will.. click 'ok'.
    now depending on if you checked or unchecked the password box on the last screen, the computer will automatically log in with the password you just entered, or will require people logging in to enter that password to start the computer..

not sure if this is exactly what you're talking about but I know I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do an auto login so I know this area is where you set a password for either auto turn on or for locking the computer and requiring an entered password to get back in..

avemaria, Aug 2, 2015
  7. avemaria Win User
    actually I think I found what you're talking about.. go into the 'system' section instead of 'accounts' in the settings.. navigate as below..

-settings/
    -system/
    -power & sleep/
    -additional power settings (at the bottom right)/
    -require a password on wakeup/
    -change settings that are currently unavailable/ (unlocks password protection on wakeup section at bottom)
    -require a password

I just checked it and the above works to force password login while waking up from sleep.. but it doesn't require one on startup IF you have it set not to require one as I posted in my first message above.. but if you want it on startup as well, change it as described in my first post also.

avemaria, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po

Thank You! This works for me.

repulsor101, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po

1. Windows 10 asks for password coming out of sleepbut not after being po - Similar Threads - asks password coming

2. How do i change my laptop password after being log out and asked to restart the laptop but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my laptop password after being log out and asked to restart the laptop but...: I tried logging into my laptop i kept pressing the wrong password and got log out and was ask to restart the laptop but i do not have the restart option....
  3. How do i change my laptop password after being log out and asked to restart the laptop but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change my laptop password after being log out and asked to restart the laptop but...: I tried logging into my laptop i kept pressing the wrong password and got log out and was ask to restart the laptop but i do not have the restart option....
  4. Being asked for an App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being asked for an App in Windows 10: Suddenly, I am seeing messages asking for an App. When I click on the Windows icon bottom left of screen nothing happens. To turn off the PC I have to lightly press the power PC on/off button, When I right click on the desktop and I see the menu, I click Personalise a window...
  5. Being asked for an App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being asked for an App in Windows 10: Suddenly, I am seeing messages asking for an App. When I click on the Windows icon bottom left of screen nothing happens. To turn off the PC I have to lightly press the power PC on/off button, When I right click on the desktop and I see the menu, I click Personalise a window...
  6. Being asked for an App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.: Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode? BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power restart...that's a good security measure. But why do I need to constantly sign-in on a protected computer that I walked away from for...
  8. Why am I not being asked for a password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am I not being asked for a password?: uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me. If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a...
  9. Windows 10 not asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not asking for password: Hi, I have win 10 and did a "fresh startup." After some time the computer restarted and shows my usual background, date, etc., but it does not ask for my password to login into Windows. So I can't use Windows at all. Any clue? thanks, Gabe....
  10. being asked the old local account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    being asked the old local account password: I am being asked the old local account password, which I never set up, I, changed the windows password succesfully, but now I (W10) does not accept it Thanks All 18268