Windows 10: Windows 10 Asks for Password for everything but none has been set up and it cant be 'reset'

Discus and support Windows 10 Asks for Password for everything but none has been set up and it cant be 'reset' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have been self employed for 15+ years so my computer is personal and business. I have an office 365 subscription but the computer Desktop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by S.M.C_S.M.C, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Asks for Password for everything but none has been set up and it cant be 'reset'

Hello,

I have been self employed for 15+ years so my computer is personal and business. I have an office 365 subscription but the computer Desktop is set to local. I have had this computer since roughly 2014, I know that's old, but I have a lot of data that I am trying to hold off moving for as long as possible. within the last year or 2 the computer started asking for a password for everything, when one isn't set. I am fairly tech savvy and haven't been able to follow any of the suggestions because I cant bypass the password. I have been using a PIN for 3-4 years anyway. I cant add/remove programs, I cant update programs, and I cant move things when I need to move them. My fear is that I will be locked out at some point which will be devastating to me personally since I am working 24/7 as most self employed folks do. I cant do anything in command prompt and local/users isn't enabled apparently either...

I have looked through many threads over the last few months and haven't had any luck. I am wondering if a prior windows update could cause this or what I can do to fix it?

I am looking into rolling back to 8.1 if that's possible, but I already tried creating a new password in windows 10 which didn't work, and from what I am reading I need to know my old password if there was one from 8.1.... Please help someone. Thank you

-SMC

:)

S.M.C_S.M.C, May 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 3, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Asks for Password for everything but none has been set up and it cant be 'reset'

Cannot reset the password on Winodws 10. Keeps on asking for old password.

Hello Gayle,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you set up a password on upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Did you use any password to login into the user profile?
    • Are you using Microsoft account credentials to login into the user profile?

If you had set up a Microsoft account on upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you to enter the password you had set and check if you are able to change the password.

If you fail to remember the password and have set up a Microsoft account, I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and try logging in into your user account to check if the issue is resolved.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

After resetting the password, you can change the system password and use the same to login into the user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Asks for Password for everything but none has been set up and it cant be 'reset'

1. Windows 10 Asks for Password for everything but none has been set up and it cant be 'reset' - Similar Threads - Asks Password everything

2. Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with: Hi,I never set up a password on this desktop and now it’s asking me to reset a password for something I never created in this desktop. Someone please help....
  3. Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with: Hi,I never set up a password on this desktop and now it’s asking me to reset a password for something I never created in this desktop. Someone please help....
  4. Asked for USB security key which has never been set up

Asked for USB security key which has never been set up: Hi, I was trying to check to my gmail from my browser and it asks me for USB security key, which I have never set up.I checked Account > Ways to sign in > Security Key settings on Windows 11 and clicked on manage, but it asked me for security key.Fortunately I managed to...
  5. windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup: I have a windows 10 upgraded from windows7 asking for a password to get past the login screenI have never setup a password on this machineIt is a local machine.I have spoken to 5 different tech support people but they say this is not repairable.Their response is to do a clean...
  6. windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup: I have a windows 10 upgraded from windows7 asking for a password to get past the login screenI have never setup a password on this machineIt is a local machine.I have spoken to 5 different tech support people but they say this is not repairable.Their response is to do a clean...
  7. windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup

8. Bitlocker password required, but none has ever been set

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker password required, but none has ever been set: Hi,I'm trying to fix my wife's personal, not company Surface Laptop 3, which has suddenly started requiring a Bitlocker password for the C: drive for no obvious reason. She doesn't have one, and indeed had never heard of Bitlocker or knowingly switched it on. I'm guessing...
  9. OpenSSH on windows 10 asks for password even though there is none

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OpenSSH on windows 10 asks for password even though there is none: I'm trying to ssh into a pc that has no password (and I don't want it to have one either) but when I try to ssh from another windows pc it still asks for a password, it justs says permission denied, I have also tried enabling "Empty passwords" in the sshd config but no result...
  10. Windows 10 Asks to change for password when none was ever set up with computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Asks to change for password when none was ever set up with computer: After exit from standby mode Windows asks me to replace password, but since i didn't inserted it I cannot insert my previous password. Therefore I cannot use my computer...