Windows 10: Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords

Discus and support Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords My settings are set so that I don't have to type in my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JW316, Aug 13, 2019.

1. JW316 Win User

Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords

Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords

My settings are set so that I don't have to type in my pin to login in Windows 10. It seems to be random that it decides to ask for my pin. Whenever it happens though, it clears the apps I had pinned to my bottom taskbar and doesn't remember any of my passwords or login information. You can imagine how this would be extremely frustrating logging into 10 different websites again because of what happened. Does anyone know what is going on? Why does it happen randomly out of the blue? How can I fix this? Why does it happen randomly? How do I stop it?

:)

JW316, Aug 13, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 13, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Albeeone Win User

OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 asks me for my pin after several weeks and clears my taskbar and saved passwords - Similar Threads - asks pin several

2. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  3. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  4. How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?: How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-laptop-from-asking-me-to-change-my/e4d63d35-77a1-405b-be3a-9d4b39385f22
  5. How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks?: How to stop my laptop from asking me to change my password every few weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-laptop-from-asking-me-to-change-my/e4d63d35-77a1-405b-be3a-9d4b39385f22
  6. Forgot my PIN and Password for Windows 10 and only have fingerprint. But it asks me for my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot my PIN and Password for Windows 10 and only have fingerprint. But it asks me for my...: I forgot my PIN and Password for Windows 10 and only have fingerprint. But it asks me for my PIN. When I try to enter safe mode and all that it also asks for my password. Every solution I’ve tried requires me to enter my password first....
  7. Windows not letting me change my password after asking me to change it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not letting me change my password after asking me to change it: Okay, so recently I joined with an organization and they asked me to apply policy to my laptop which they told was necessary and do no harm and was dedicated towards encryption and security. After I finished setting up my laptop with a VM, I put it to sleep and went off. Now...
  8. Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN: I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and a few months ago windows started acting up and asking for a new pin every other month. I went through a few threads, and all pointed to using thegroup policy editor - which I don't have in a home edition. Is there a way to change the pin...
  9. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup: In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to Settings - Accounts - Sign-In Options and added my new PIN. It says that my PIN is set up to sign in to Windows, etc but when I...
  10. This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password: This is my personal one-user PC. Upon booting, I usually enter a 4 digit PIN. This week's updates changed my PIN to my Windows password, the same one I use for live.com. I want to change it back, but am wary, as I've been confused with Windows passwords before. I just want...