Windows 10: Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

Discus and support Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matt_Maddaloxllc, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin!

any help would be appreciated. thanks,

~Matt

:)

Matt_Maddaloxllc, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Aug 14, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

Pin NY Times to Windows 10 Start

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to NY Times application?
    • How are you accessing NY times (Via online or via App)?
    • What exactly happens when you try to perform the above mentioned steps to pin application to Start?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about Pin applications to Start menu and check if it helps.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

1. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help - Similar Threads - asks set pin

2. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  3. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  4. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pin cannot be set up but won't log me in until I set it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pin cannot be set up but won't log me in until I set it up: When I initially set up this new computer I skipped creating a pin. I was using this computer for a couple of weeks without a problem then the dreaded update hit. Now when I try to log in, it accepts my ID and password just fine but then it goes to the PIN set up dialog. If I...
  6. Windows 10 Pin cannot be set up but won't log me in until I set it up

Windows 10 Pin cannot be set up but won't log me in until I set it up: When I initially set up this new computer I skipped creating a pin. I was using this computer for a couple of weeks without a problem then the dreaded update hit. Now when I try to log in, it accepts my ID and password just fine but then it goes to the PIN set up dialog. If I...
  7. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back....
  8. windows asking admin pin every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows asking admin pin every time: can I disable windows asking the admin account pin for opening a certain app every time submitted by /u/suusa_pede [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id63vr/windows_asking_admin_pin_every_time/
  9. Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.: I want it to stop. I want to log in as I have been without having to click past the blue screen fingerprint prompts. Every. Single. Time. I. Log. In. It's fudging annoying and I've disabled the bits other advice has said to disable and it's still happening. How do...
  10. How do I stop Windows Hello prompting me to set up a pin every time I log on

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows Hello prompting me to set up a pin every time I log on: Every time I log on, Windows is showing an annoying blue screen asking me to set up a pin, which I don't want to do. I have to click through to set it up and then click cancel. I have tried going into settings and disabling. I have also been into Windows Defender and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 asks to set up a pin everytime after restart