Windows 10: Windows 10 - assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

Discus and support Windows 10 - assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, im here to ask for help to get me some knowledge... ...on how to switch on/off my bluetooth connection to a headphone. More likely i wanna... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chabayo, Oct 29, 2019.

1. chabayo Win User

Windows 10 - assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

Hey guys, im here to ask for help to get me some knowledge...

...on how to switch on/off my bluetooth connection to a headphone.

More likely i wanna know how it would be possible, if then, to me to toggle some things on/off, or just how to get used to follow a part of the function of a software. Is it possible by VBA, or similar, or any way, to follow a manual action, maybe in some form of macro-recording, so i can write some code ala "windows, start that function with that parameters, as would be when that signal would been emitted".

What am i talking about, is it possible? Where to start with that?

Thx a lot.

:)

chabayo, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

Hi all,

I have a laptop which includes a few macro keys on the keyboard. I'd like to know how I can assign the bluetooth on/off toggle command to one of these macro keys. For example, on one macro key I've assigned the shortcut "leftwindows+A" to open the support assist window, and from there I can toggle the on/off for bluetooth. This is ok, but I'd like to assign the on/off directly to the key rather than needing to navigate to the assist window.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this?

John Darling, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

Hi Berton. I think you misunderstand my request. On my keyboard, I have a set of keys which are peripheral to the normal keyboard set. They exist for the purpose of shortcuts. They are extra keys. They are designed to act as 1-key shortcuts. For example, lets say I want to open a specific folder. I can create a new macro (using the software specific to my keyboard), and then assign that folder to the macro key. When I press that one key, the folder opens.

What I need to know (I'm guessing) is the file path to the on/off bluetooth software for windows 10. Let's say, for example, you had ONE special key on your keyboard, which you could assign to perform any function with the press of that one key. How would you assign bluetooth on or off with the press of that one key?

John Darling, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

Since nearly all Bluetooth adapters are part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter it may also require turning that off. Most Notebooks have an Fx key or Fn + Fx key to do that or maybe a switch on the case to do it, I have half a dozen Notebooks with Bluetooth that are operated that way. Working with hardware is more difficult than assigning a key to a software function.

Berton, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key - Similar Threads - assign bluetooth off

2. Keyboard Keys mismatched/Doing un-assigned macros.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Keys mismatched/Doing un-assigned macros.: I was lately having problems relating my Lenovo L430 keyboard, whenever I'd press the S key it would mute/unmute. Whenever I'd press the CapsLock key it would decrease volume, and whenever I'd press the W key it would increase volume... I was wondering if someone has this...
  3. bluetooth toggle key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth toggle key: why is there no bluetooth icon to toggle bluetooth on and off? and how can i get it in order to use bluetooth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-toggle-key/8e3fe44a-28cf-4912-9f6d-2fbe579b45a5
  4. Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off: I recently updated my Windows 10, and in the days since, my Bluetooth toogle has been locked in the off position. Whenever I try to turn Bluetooth on, it immediately turns off 1 second later as if it is locked on being switched off. What I've tried so far (with no success):...
  5. No Bluetooth on/off toggle

No Bluetooth on/off toggle: No Bluetooth on off toggle @ no Bluetooth setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bluetooth-onoff-toggle/13700816-b2b1-4c76-aabf-bba82437680a
  6. No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly

No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly: Hello, For the last couple months I have been experiencing a problem where my Bluetooth adapter turns off unexpectedly, with no way to turn it back on because there is no toggle button anywhere; not in the Action Center, nor in the Settings. I do not remember if there ever...
  7. No bluetooth on/off toggle in Bluetooth & other devices window.

No bluetooth on/off toggle in Bluetooth & other devices window.: I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my Windows 10 Acer laptop. Successfully loaded software from disc and when I plug in the adapter it is recognised and listed in the 'Bluetooth & Other Devices' devices column. However, when I try to connect to a Bluetooth speaker nothing...
  8. Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key: Hi all, I have a laptop which includes a few macro keys on the keyboard. I'd like to know how I can assign the bluetooth on/off toggle command to one of these macro keys. For example, on one macro key I've assigned the shortcut "leftwindows+A" to open the support assist...
  9. Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 has always included support for Bluetooth hardware. Well, this support has been here for a while now. And with support for the latest version of Bluetooth 5.0 LE, it keeps getting even better. But at times some users have [...] This post Toggle to turn...
  10. Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 When you press the Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock keys on your keyboard, it will toggle turning on and off Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock. This...