Windows 10: Windows 10 Assigned Access - Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Assigned Access - Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 10 1803 Pro After OS deployment via MDT which also installs our MS Dynamics MPOS, tools, and Configurations (including Assigned Access)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J. Branco, Sep 17, 2019.

1. J. Branco Win User

Windows 10 Assigned Access - Issues

On Windows 10 1803 Pro

After OS deployment via MDT which also installs our MS Dynamics MPOS, tools, and Configurations (including Assigned Access) everything worked. For a year. I updated the MPOS after a few months. Then updated the MPOS software this month and during the MPOS upgrade I have to clear-assignedAccess, upgrade the new MPOS Client, then set-AssignedAccess again.

Most of my Windows machines setup Assigned Access without issue.

3 Windows 10 machines did not re-setup Assigned Access Successfully

Autologon happens then the machine locks immediately. If Autologon is removed and I logon manually it just locks after authentication not showing the app.

no errors in event viewer that indicate an issue to me.

System

Applications

Apps and Services Logs\Microsoft\

AssignedAccess

AssignedAccessBroker

AuthenticationUserInterface

Two of my Windows machines I was able to get assigned access working by clearing Assigned access (powershell), rebooting, clearing Assigned Access again, Rebooting, logon as admin, rebooting, resetting up assigned access via PowerShell script as Admin, rebooting.

The last Windows computer won't setup AssignedAccess at this point. I got it once to work with a new user account that I created but removed the assigned access thinking whatever the problem was cleared and I could setup with the standard user account... but since have not been successful getting assigned access working with the standard account, the new account or other new accounts I've created.. I've never seen an error setting up Assigned Access while troubleshooting even when adding -VERBOSE to the powershell command. The app is not the problem it runs as the user account when I logon without assigned Access.

:)

J. Branco, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

I was hoping that by downloading the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store, that I would be able to use it to setup assigned access on a Windows 10 computer and display a powerpoint presentation. Our issues is, we need this to be a Kiosk that no-one can
    close out the presentation. Powerpoint allows you to turn most functions off, but you can still access the ease of access toolbar, and can also close the presentation out. When I go to assigned access though, Powerpoint Mobile does not appear in the list of
    Apps. I have downloaded other Supposed PowerPoint Presenters, but none of them show up in the list either.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this! I do not understand how to setup the Power Shell code to set this up, too technical for me. But I really need this as Kiosk computer. Any suggestion?

Drew Patterson, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Yetshua Win User

No Web Browser in Windows 10 Assigned Access List

I'm the head of IT at a small utility company, and we make use of Assigned Access in order to make available several kiosks which are set up to use our web portal. This worked perfectly with Assigned Access in Windows 8.1, however, now that we've upgraded
    to Windows 10, there are no web browsers at all available in the Assigned Access list of available apps. No Internet Explorer, and no Microsoft Edge either.

The kiosks are now running Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit. I could easily still set up Assigned Access for another app if I so chose, but with no web browser in the list of available apps, our web portal based kiosks are now utterly worthless. Please tell me that
    there's a way to fix this. If not, I'll most likely be spending a lot of time this week reverting all those kiosks back to Windows 8.1

Yetshua, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Assigned Access - Issues - Similar Threads - Assigned Access Issues

2. Assigned Access - configuring wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assigned Access - configuring wifi: I'm setting up an old Surface as a digital picture frame for my mother. I successfully setup Assigned Access, and Autologin for the Kiosk account. So now as soon as you turn it on, the picture frame app starts. Ya! My issue is that the Kiosk account never connects to WiFi,...
  3. Assigned access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigned access: Hi guys I have a problem with login to my kiosk account. I did a windows update to version 1909 and now every time I try to login, I get kicked back out to the login screen. The kiosk account is set to automatically login and it refuses. When I try to remove assigned...
  4. windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access

windows 10 kiosk mode assigned access: Hi, im running around on the internet looking for solutions, what I need to know is in assigned access windows 10 kiosk mode can I run specific program like software from win32 app or like a software company....
  5. Printer Driver settings in Windows 10 Assigned Access Kiosk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver settings in Windows 10 Assigned Access Kiosk?: Hello, First post. I hope this is in the correct place :) .I have set up my first kiosks using Windows 10 Assigned Access. everything works fine, but I am having a mild inconvenience I am hoping someone has some insight on. I have thermal printers connected by USB to each...
  6. Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Assigned Access kiosk and copy/paste: I have an in house kiosk app that we set up using "set-assignedaccess" The app itself works great. The app runs as a regular non-admin user. Also, when the app is run as an admin or regular user outside of being set up with assigned access, copy/paste works, so I presume...
  7. Assigned Access

Assigned Access: I am not able add a user to assigned access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assigned-access/117ee744-707a-4b96-8840-bfe31d4cc080
  8. Windows 10 - letter assignment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - letter assignment: I've had an issue since fresh reinstallation of Windows 10 (1809). When it booted up, the SSD with OS was obviously C and the installation USB was D. Then, I cleaned the USB using diskpart, assigned letter D to my HDD, which was not formatted before and letter E to my...
  9. Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen.: Hello A costumer of mine recently asked me if there was a way to set up a couple of kiosk systems for his hotel so his residents could surf the web in the lobby. I did some research and stumbled upon the Assigned Access mode. First of all, I didn't find Microsoft Edge...
  10. Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10: How to: Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 How to Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 You can use the standard user account on a PC so that it only has access to a single Universal Windows Platform (UWP)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows assigned access stuck at bluescreen

2. powershell Set-AssignedAccess