Windows 10: Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around

Discus and support Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My cursor starts jumping around and deletes information, randomly types in the middle of other sentences and opens/closes windows. I know that I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobWub, Dec 20, 2018.

1. BobWub Win User

Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around

My cursor starts jumping around and deletes information, randomly types in the middle of other sentences and opens/closes windows. I know that I'm not touching the touch pad and can watch it jump around.

I've seen other threads/reports of this problem and the solutions that are usually recommended are to uncheck "Enhance pointer precision" and to uncheck "Hide pointer while typing." I've unchecked both of those boxes, and that doesn't help. I have also disabled the touchscreen which temporarily solved the problem but I bought this because of the touchscreen and this is quite inconvenient.

It appears that this started happening after a Windows update but am not sure which one. (That's the curse of having automatic updates.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BobWub, Dec 20, 2018

2. windows 10 asus laptop with jumping cursor

I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. When ever i type the cursor keeps jumping around to different places. As I am a writer this is really annoying. I am a technophobe but can you please give me simple to follow instructions as to what I can do to prevent
    this.

MollieLyons, Dec 20, 2018
  3. mamaserve Win User
    cursor issues on touchscreen

I have a Dell touchscreen, using for 2 year, running Win 10

Lately the cursor is unstable, jumps around, regardless of external mouse.

Has been serviced remotely w no change.

Any suggestions?

mamaserve, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around

cursor in windows 10 jumps around

The cursor jumps around when typing emails or online forms but not when using word. I am not touching the touchpad. I've tried a couple of suggestions but none has worked. I didn't have this problem with windows 7. I am using an ASUS laptop.

SandyMackenzieB'noon, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around

1. Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around - Similar Threads - ASUS touchscreen laptop

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  5. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  6. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Asus touchscreen laptop cursor disappeared Windows 10.

Asus touchscreen laptop cursor disappeared Windows 10.: I have an Asus touchpad Model TP412F. My cursor has disappeared first it froze, then it got unstuck and moved on its own accord before disappearing. I have attempted to update my touchpad drivers, but the computer tells me everything is already updated. The touchpad is "on"...
  8. Cursor skips around on ASUS laptop

Cursor skips around on ASUS laptop: I am running Windows 10 on my ASUS laptop. When typing the cursor skips around very often. It will jump back into text I've already typed and I have to delete and start back over. What can I do? I have updated the Keyboard and Touchpad drivers. This seems to work for a...
  9. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  10. Cursor Jumping around after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sensitive cursor on asus laptop

2. asus cursor jumping

3. asus touchpad jumps

4. asus touchscreen update,
  5. asus touchsceen no cursor,
  6. asus e406sa curser jumping around,
  7. new asus laptop cursor jumping