Windows 10: Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

Discus and support Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Try deleting your accounts and reinstalling them as recent improvements have been made to W10 Mail. I have, multiple times, in fact I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

I have, multiple times, in fact I've tried everything. It just isn't fit for purpose on my machine. No problem, plenty of alternatives.

frankenhooker, Jan 28, 2016

2. Somebody has a working Windows 7 machine from whatever supplier. Microsoft induced an upgrade that breaks the machine.

Sure that is Microsoft's fault.

FrozenCursor, Jan 28, 2016
  3. I have 4 Toshiba Systems among others and out of all of them Toshiba is the one on top of everything.
    All latest software and BIOS up to date.
    All drivers that comes with Toshiba all up to date,
    So to me that tells me it is not Microsoft at fault at all but the firm that builds the laptops/computers

hTconeM9user, Jan 28, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

Toshiba makes great laptops and their support is first rate. Sony had to know when they would likely get the updates for 10 done and they had a responsibility to inform their customers not to upgrade to 10 until the updates were ready. They failed at their basic job.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    MS can't assure that every PC will be able to upgrade to any new OS. WIn7 is an older version and the hardware might be the issue more than the OS.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2016
  7. Yes Sony failed nothing to do with Microsoft at all.
    Even Acer of which I have 2 have kept on the ball

hTconeM9user, Jan 28, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

+1 +1 +1

davidhk, Jan 28, 2016
  9. MrBill Win User
    BunnyJ, this.

If someone reads an article, goes to Microsoft.com and decides to run a free upgrade because it sounds cool and is free, that's on the user. If Microsoft, or any vendor, proactively push marketing media to a users machine, over and over and..... until the user finally upgrades, that's on Microsoft.

As for the driver and Sony comments. No hardware manufacturer, under the licensing agreements with Microsoft, is obligated to update their drivers to future versions of Windows. Development cost money. Hardware runs on thin margins and hardware companies don't make on yesterday's machines. (Unlike say Windows 7 licenses sold today.)

By the same token, Microsoft has a limit of their software life cycle, which they post. However, this does not obligate a user to upgrade, especially if that life cycle has not even ended yet. It simply means the user has a choice, and understands, that after a certain date they are on their own and take their chances in regards to security and future applications.

MrBill, Jan 28, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    First off Sony is responsible to their customers to provide support for their products. If they don't they fail at their basic job regardless of any licensing agreement. And with Sony's failure to notify users that they were not ready for the new OS they failed at their job. Period.. it's not right to take their money and not provide further support.

And it's not MS's fault that a user has older hardware that uses an older OS. MS can't support hardware forever.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2016
  11. Microsoft does assure (via GWX) that a computer can be upgraded to Windows 10 only to break the computer after the upgrade, happens too often, just look around in this forum.

Edit: Even after a successful upgrade to Windows 10, Microsoft sometimes break things with the forced updates. Also happens too often, again just look around in this forum.

FrozenCursor, Jan 28, 2016
  12. sgage Win User
    You are still missing the point. MS is clearly not responsible for any manufacturer keeping its drivers updated. MS is most certainly responsible for telling users that their computer is compatible with Win10, nagging them until they upgrade it, and then breaking it.

That's what is generating lots of bad press for MS, and it was avoidable.

sgage, Jan 28, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Isn't the manufacture responsible to update their drivers?? .. I would sure hope so. They all had plenty of time to get the job done and some did a great job and some failed. Regardless of how MS pushed 10 it's not their fault that some failed to do their job and update the drivers. That's what this is about.. poor driver support and this happens every time a new OS comes out. Remember this issues with drivers and Vista?? 8??

I sure do. Driver support lags behind OS development and that's not MS's fault..

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    What you're seeing here is not reflective of all of the PC's that had zero issues with the upgrade. People come here with issues, as they should, but it doesn't reflect what really is going out in the real world upgrade wise.

I don't know if many really come here just to post that things went fine and everything just works.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Well guys.. thanks for the interesting discussion.. I guess we can agree to disagree a bit on this subject. No hard feeling to anyone here.. life calls

Have a great day and weekend!!

Jeff.. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime? - Similar Threads - six months Ready

2. Windows 11’s speech recognition gets axed in six months, but it’ll work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11’s speech recognition gets axed in six months, but it’ll work on Windows 10: Microsoft previously announced the deprecation of Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) and several other apps. In a surprising move, the new Voice Access app will now replace the WSR app on Windows 11 22H2 and newer versions in September 2024, but you can continue using the...
  3. Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN: This is me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-there-any-time-table-on-a-coming-fix-for-the/ad983a68-7642-4f5e-aa56-df9bdc8a5fad?tm=1605565447443How lovely it has been this past six months, being forced to randomly hard reboot my...
  4. HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!: I have tried EVERY option given when booting up.....although I haven't used a windows pc in many years, in the past I would have simply re-installed operating sys from scratch, back when they came with a windows disk. There is no disk drive, so even if I did have a disk to...
  5. HP Pavilion Just six months old

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Pavilion Just six months old: Hello, My personal Laptop I bought from Costco about six moths ago, still under warranty. Apparently a Microsoft download on windows ten did not down load properly. I can get get to the sign on screenit is just a blurry screen. I called the Costco Concierge service, we ran...
  6. BSOD Occuring Daily Atleast Once Since Six Months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Occuring Daily Atleast Once Since Six Months: Hello TenForums, From past 6 months or so, my pc is getting BSOD's almost everyday. Its been a while since i did Format & OS, So i did it in the hope of getting rid of the BSOD, even after new windows 10 install, i'm still facing the BSOD's. Kindly help me in fixing the...
  7. Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either: I have a HP pavilion laptop and after an update, the number five and six key stopped working. Along with the key under the esc key and the dash next to the zero. Also on the number keypad, the number is not working either. Its not the keyboard itself since there are several...
  8. The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!: Security at a glance Reset Your Security Processor (Clear TPM) What happens now Make sure you backup before you start, or you may lose data. Select Clear and Restart below. Your device will restart. If you see a prompt to complete the clear action, confirm to continue....
  9. Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?: I enjoy any "Brink run" Windows site as they seem to have lots of knowledgeable,helpful people. I understand that the Nvidia Geforce Windows 10 Forum would be posters with issues but, man, SLI issues, game stuttering issues (with Directx 12?), G Sync issues, max Vram issues,...
  10. Six months on, and let's check in on those 'stuttering' Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Six months on, and let's check in on those 'stuttering' Windows 10 PCs: Gamers say performance woes haven't been addressed as Spring Creators Update looms A long-running glitch affecting some Windows 10 PCs continues to annoy gamers more than half a year after it was supposedly fixed. An anonymous Reg reader alerts us to this ongoing...