Windows 10: Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

Discus and support Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I found and really like Em Client. It's free and one of the best Email Clients out there.. well out of the ones that I've tried and I've tried a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

Pity I did not know about this when I installed incredimail could of saved money.
    But never mind I am now happy with Mail App

hTconeM9user, Jan 29, 2016
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Mail app is a good thing to use as well. I found that one via a member here and I love it. And free is a good thing when it comes to this tool.

BunnyJ, Jan 29, 2016
  3. strollin Win User
    You guys are serious???? The Mail app in Win 10 is truly horrible. I'd much rather use just about any other email client. Personally, I'm still using WLM 2012 which is vastly superior.

I just fired up a Win 10 VM of mine that I had not booted since Nov 2015. Opened Mail app and WLM. Took WLM about 20 seconds to sync with mail server. Took the Mail app more than 5 minutes to sync. I also absolutely HATE that I cannot turn off the preview panel in the Mail app. I get emails that I don't want to see any part of (stuff that is obviously crap) so always want to turn preview off and delete them without viewing or opening them which the Mail app will NOT let me do. Major FAIL.

strollin, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

I haven't tried the mail app long enough to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. I was using Thunderbird for my emails until Jeff suggested eM Client. I liked the free version so much I decided to go with the paid version and have it set to check all my email accounts.

Winuser, Jan 29, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    One off the biggest gripes.... W7/8.1 being bombarded to upgrade to W10.
    Not a day goes by without my receiving the nag nag offers to upgrade from Avira free to the paid version.
    Commercial television is constantly breaking into programs to offer and encourage viewers to avail themselves of their services.
    Commercial radio is even worse, every three or four minutes a break for adds, the worst of the lot betting establishments trying to part you from your money with enticing offers of free betting.
    The point of this post....do you take offence or do you just ignore them.....NONE are obligatory.

dencal, Jan 29, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    I could open easily four new e-mail accounts within 5 minutes, and set up how often and how far back I wished to go.
    You can delete at top r/hand individually without opening....or on the drop down menu choose......All, Unread, and Flagged.

The following statement is taken from the opening of this thread by Ed Bott

The Universal Windows Platform for Windows 10 changes that, big time. Most of the built-in apps are surprisingly good. Mail, for example, has been improving massively in recent months and now works not just with Microsoft services but with Gmail's native formats as well.

dencal, Jan 29, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    I try my best to avoid advertisements whenever possible. For TV viewing I'll usually set the dvr on my cable box so I can watch the show later and fast forward through the commercials. The radio station I listen will play what they call a block of music before any interruptions. Not much I can do about that except ignore them or listen to one of my Cd's.

Winuser, Jan 29, 2016
  8. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime?

Windows 10 is ready for prime time on my hobby computer, but not yet ready for prime time on my more important computers - to answer the question in the subject line of the thread.

I have been monitoring the 'prime time issue' from a pre-upgrade (Windows 7/8.1) perspective also, just that I don't like reading gloomy stories, LOL. But there is hope ...

... things are never as good or as bad as they first look - quoted from some sage

FrozenCursor, Jan 29, 2016
  9. larc919 Win User
    I'm still using Qualcomm's ancient Eudora for email. Works like a charm. I occasionally check out current clients to see if there's anything I like better, but haven't found a worthy replacement for Eudora yet.

larc919, Jan 29, 2016
  10. sgage Win User
    I know a lot of people that still use Eudora. I have been using Thunderbird for years and years. I also try new ones from time to time, but nothing else is as convenient for me. This 'eM Client' seems to work similarly to TB. I run my display at 125%, and it has some glitches in various screens, with text being cut off the bottom or right. In any case, I'll stick with TB - it does everything I need just fine, and I understand it.

sgage, Jan 29, 2016
  11. slyphnier Win User
    win10 mail app is junk imo.. they should reskin outlook express instead ... outlook express arent that good but atleast better

for business, well any email client should work okay, considering people still using ancient eudora just fine
    basically we just need "offline" to read+compose and backup feature ... there might some other feature within apps, but those just extra
    i using ms.outlook for business ... other than business email, i use web-mail... gmail webmail is good enough

slyphnier, Jan 29, 2016
  12. unifex Win User
    Very sarcastic ... However, normally I'm not bombarded by any kind of advertising at all. I don't watch TV, the radio station I listen to in the car does not air much ads at all, I don't use free versions of otherwise paid software etc. On my PC I make some effort to avoid intrusive ads, certainly no software on my PC produces "offers" or pop-ups.

Now, I am not experiencing any Microsoft nagging as well, since I took steps to avoid it. However, from what I hear, people who did not do that and use default settings, such as automatic updates, are in fact bombarded with with messages aiming to convince them to "upgrade". That is mind you not on a free, but on a fully paid product (W7/W8). Moreover, sometimes Microsoft would download gigabytes of code on people's computers, ostensibly to "ease" the upgrade process, but without any regard to wehther the user actually wants to upgrade. So that is yes, offensive, and hence your post is, sorry, pointless.

unifex, Jan 30, 2016
  13. unifex Win User

I stopped using email clients long time ago. I see no point of keeping thousands of mail messages on my PC and it would take too much time and effort to do the housekeeping. I just use the gmail, mostly on the phone. Not only does this practice save me space (granted, most people don't care about that) but it's also more secure - if I literally don't open any emails on my PC, I can't get any virus or malware that way.

unifex, Jan 30, 2016
  14. unifex Win User
    I'm not sure whether Ed Bott is really an expert. Personally, I found those built-in apps to be useless at best. Those which have a desktop counterpart, such as Skype, are certainly better on desktop (in the case of Skype, the desktop version actually has more features). Others ... Let's just say that I am not interested in Bing new aggregation and I don't own an XBox nor am I planning to buy one.

You think you could explain it why do they make it hard to remove the XBox app from the system? Don't tell me it's small and it's not worth the bother. Apparently it's worth it to Microsoft since the uninstall option is greyed out and you have to use obscure PowerShell code to get rid of it and even then it does not get rid of it fully, apparently it comes back with every new build. Seriously, is the XBox app such a crucial part of the OS? If yes, do you think I actually want to use such an OS for real work?

unifex, Jan 30, 2016
  15. dencal Win User
    What a strange response to my post. accused of being sarcastic, of having made a pointless posting, that you are not bombarded by any kind of advertising, yet you go to the trouble posting a long tirade based NOT on your own experience but on "what you hear".

dencal, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 at six months: Ready for primetime? - Similar Threads - six months Ready

2. Windows 11’s speech recognition gets axed in six months, but it’ll work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11’s speech recognition gets axed in six months, but it’ll work on Windows 10: Microsoft previously announced the deprecation of Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) and several other apps. In a surprising move, the new Voice Access app will now replace the WSR app on Windows 11 22H2 and newer versions in September 2024, but you can continue using the...
  3. Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN: This is me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-there-any-time-table-on-a-coming-fix-for-the/ad983a68-7642-4f5e-aa56-df9bdc8a5fad?tm=1605565447443How lovely it has been this past six months, being forced to randomly hard reboot my...
  4. HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!: I have tried EVERY option given when booting up.....although I haven't used a windows pc in many years, in the past I would have simply re-installed operating sys from scratch, back when they came with a windows disk. There is no disk drive, so even if I did have a disk to...
  5. HP Pavilion Just six months old

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Pavilion Just six months old: Hello, My personal Laptop I bought from Costco about six moths ago, still under warranty. Apparently a Microsoft download on windows ten did not down load properly. I can get get to the sign on screenit is just a blurry screen. I called the Costco Concierge service, we ran...
  6. BSOD Occuring Daily Atleast Once Since Six Months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Occuring Daily Atleast Once Since Six Months: Hello TenForums, From past 6 months or so, my pc is getting BSOD's almost everyday. Its been a while since i did Format & OS, So i did it in the hope of getting rid of the BSOD, even after new windows 10 install, i'm still facing the BSOD's. Kindly help me in fixing the...
  7. Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either: I have a HP pavilion laptop and after an update, the number five and six key stopped working. Along with the key under the esc key and the dash next to the zero. Also on the number keypad, the number is not working either. Its not the keyboard itself since there are several...
  8. The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Problem Is With Windows Defender - Six Month Issue!: Security at a glance Reset Your Security Processor (Clear TPM) What happens now Make sure you backup before you start, or you may lose data. Select Clear and Restart below. Your device will restart. If you see a prompt to complete the clear action, confirm to continue....
  9. Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?: I enjoy any "Brink run" Windows site as they seem to have lots of knowledgeable,helpful people. I understand that the Nvidia Geforce Windows 10 Forum would be posters with issues but, man, SLI issues, game stuttering issues (with Directx 12?), G Sync issues, max Vram issues,...
  10. Six months on, and let's check in on those 'stuttering' Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Six months on, and let's check in on those 'stuttering' Windows 10 PCs: Gamers say performance woes haven't been addressed as Spring Creators Update looms A long-running glitch affecting some Windows 10 PCs continues to annoy gamers more than half a year after it was supposedly fixed. An anonymous Reg reader alerts us to this ongoing...