Windows 10: Windows 10 at times will not let me save a XP Word file.

Discus and support Windows 10 at times will not let me save a XP Word file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At times as I try and save my XP word document at a lower file level but word shuts down and takes me back to home page rather than letting save the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HectorFalcon1, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 at times will not let me save a XP Word file.

At times as I try and save my XP word document at a lower file level but word shuts down and takes me back to home page rather than letting save the file. Is this a compatibility issue with XP word files and windows 10? Sometimes I can save a file and at other times it shuts down.

:)

HectorFalcon1, Aug 31, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 at times will not let me save a XP Word file.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 at times will not let me save a XP Word file.

1. Windows 10 at times will not let me save a XP Word file. - Similar Threads - times let save

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. Every time I install a file windows saves it as a word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I install a file windows saves it as a word document: Every time I install a file it turns into a word document and I do not understand why because it has happened before on different websites and I have seen a friend install the same files that im installing and it turns out fine. i think it has to do with the windows 11 but I...
  4. Every time I install a file windows saves it as a word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I install a file windows saves it as a word document: Every time I install a file it turns into a word document and I do not understand why because it has happened before on different websites and I have seen a friend install the same files that im installing and it turns out fine. i think it has to do with the windows 11 but I...
  5. Save As make file save as a "All Files*.*" and wont let me choose what to save it as.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As make file save as a "All Files*.*" and wont let me choose what to save it as.: Whenever I right click on an image and attempt to save the file it either attempts to save as a ".tif" or "All Files*.*" which NEITHER one I can then simply open... I want to save photos as Jpegs without having to download some weird ad-on to google chrome....
  6. Windows 10 won't let me save files in Program Files

Windows 10 won't let me save files in Program Files: The pop-up message says I need to contact the administrator, but I actually am the Administrator for my computer, and I want to save certain files specifically to the Program Files folder....
  7. one drive will not let me save my word documetns - remove onedrive and do not let it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    one drive will not let me save my word documetns - remove onedrive and do not let it...: one drive is disrupting my windows 10 computer I cannot save anything unless it goes through honedrive how can I remove stop get rid of uninstall onedrive totally from my windows 10...
  8. Windows only lets me save new files to C:

Windows only lets me save new files to C:: All my main user files (Desktop, Documents, etc) are located on my E: drive, because that's my 2TB HDD. My C: drive (containing Program Files, ProgramData, Windows, etc. system files) is a small partition on one of my SSDs meant for important system files and programs. My...
  9. PC not letting me save ANY image files?

PC not letting me save ANY image files?: My computer is not letting me save any image files. Every time I click the "save" or "save as" prompts nothing happens, it doesn't bring up any folder, or prompt to name the file. I've tried restarting, completely shutting off, and deleting excess documents off my pc, nothing...
  10. Will Word XP work on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Word XP work on Windows 10?: I've read threads here saying it won't work at all, and threads saying it works with no problem. Some people who say it works have trouble with getting Word docs to open from emailed links. I did too when I first tried using it with Windows 7 but there was a little program...