Windows 10: Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; FAIR WARNING - I am beyond angry, and you aren't going to like this post, but READ THE POST BEFORE YOU ANSWER, don't give me a form letter cookie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeLovett, Nov 17, 2018.

1. JoeLovett Win User

Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes

FAIR WARNING - I am beyond angry, and you aren't going to like this post, but READ THE POST BEFORE YOU ANSWER, don't give me a form letter cookie cutter answer that has NOTHING to do with my problem

My computer apparently finally updated, after about a month of failed attempts, and even then its an update three behind the present one, today. I start my machine, sit down and get ready to start my work.

After about five minutes, I've got a huge string of Windows Defender icons on my taskbar, and it goes crazy with the alert sounds. When I click the icons, Windows 10 is trying to uninstall/delete over half my software. I spend ten minutes telling the damned thing no do not delete my programs, only to have it do it all over again five minutes later, and every couple minutes after that, stop for about an hour or so, and then start all over again. It also happens if I open a system window, like Settings, etc. This doesn't stop. In fact, its already done it three times in the process of me typing this post to this point.

When this happens, whatever I'm doing (assuming the damned thing isn't trying to uninstall the program I'm using at that moment) slows down to a snail's pace, bogs down my RAM ridiculously, and pretty much makes my computer as effective as trying to pour molasses uphill. I have 24 GBs of RAM. There is absolutely nothing that should take up 80%+ of that by itself. It spikes my CPU and motherboard temperatures sky high, and it completely takes up all my CPU and Disk usage.

I don't care that Microsoft wrote Windows 10 and blah blah blah. I bought, and paid for, the damned software, and put it on a computer I built, not Microsoft. It belongs to me. If I buy it, and pay money for it, you better believe its mine. If you want to claim any ownership, you can pay the repair bills that come up because of the ridiculousness of problems like this one.

The programs that its constantly trying to uninstall belong to me as well. I paid money, quite a bit of money, for them. If I didn't want them on my computer, I wouldn't have installed them on it. If they were not compatible and didn't work, I'd have uninstalled them myself. I tell the computer what I want it to do, not the computer tells me what its going to do.

I saw a post of someone with a similar problem, and the "response" and "solution" was to open Defender and make an exception for each program. The other so called "response and solution" was to reinstall Windows, which there is no reason someone should have to do this if the OS worked to begin with. A multi billion dollar company, and that's the best you can come up with? Windows 10 is trying to uninstall dozens of programs, every few minutes. I don't have the time to, and shouldn't have to do something as ridiculous as go and manually input exceptions in for each and every program that I don't want uninstalled to begin with. Why in the hell should I have to spend hours telling it not to do something it shouldn't be doing in the first damned place? This is not acceptable under any circumstances. I understand that sometimes files become corrupted, bugs rear their ugly heads, or something goes wrong, but code and production problems like these shouldn't slip past testing and quality control this often, especially big ones.

If the thing manages to successfully uninstall these programs, and I can't reinstall them, which I reiterate that there are no circumstances in this universe where I should have to reinstall them, then you are costing me money and by all rights should owe me money (though of course I know that wouldn't happen, but it should because its something I paid for that is working perfectly except for the fact your OS won't let it stay on the machine), both for the software, and for the time I'm losing that would be better spent on doing the work I have to do that I get paid for instead of fighting with Windows 10 to keep the programs on the computer, and to open them so I can use them. Every minute I fight with the OS to make it behave and stop trying to uninstall everything is a minute I can't work on my projects, and a minute I don't get paid for, and those lost minutes, which very quickly become hours and even work days, take money from paying my bills, and from being able to feed my family.

I could go on and on, but this is supposed to be a question, so here's my question. How do I make Windows 10 STOP trying to uninstall my programs repeatedly against my wishes?

Again, I reiterate, read the whole post and do not give me a form letter cookie cutter response that has absolutely positively nothing to do with my problem. If you could please respond in a manner befitting a supposedly professional company that cares about providing quality products and services for the people paying you for them, I'd be most appreciative.

Further useful information - I've run virus scans, malware scans, etc using about twelve different programs (half of which Windows tried to uninstall), and came up absolutely clean. If there were anything like that, at least one of these would have picked it up, I'd think.

Approximately 75-85% of updates fail on my computer through numerous attempts. Also, updates for things I don't even have keep trying, and failing, to install.

Its my hope that we can get this resolved so everything goes back to being reasonably smooth, and I appreciate any help that can be given. Its obviously very very frustrating.

:)

JoeLovett, Nov 17, 2018

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 17, 2018
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes

Windows 10: unable to uninstall programs

Hi Davy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall Java 8 in the Programs and Features from the safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to uninstall Java 8:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features you can find the Java 8 programs.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes

1. Windows 10 attempting to automatically uninstall half my programs every few minutes - Similar Threads - attempting automatically uninstall

2. My Microsoft Account is getting a login attempt every few minutes for years now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft Account is getting a login attempt every few minutes for years now: Hi,My Microsoft account has been getting failed login attempts every few minutes for years now. And it's not me that's trying to login.What do you recommend i do? Is there anything i can do? Is there a way to find out where these login attempts are coming from?Here is a...
  3. My Microsoft Account is getting a login attempt every few minutes for years now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Account is getting a login attempt every few minutes for years now: Hi,My Microsoft account has been getting failed login attempts every few minutes for years now. And it's not me that's trying to login.What do you recommend i do? Is there anything i can do? Is there a way to find out where these login attempts are coming from?Here is a...
  4. My Microsoft Account is getting a login attempt every few minutes for years now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connection interrupted every few minutes

Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  6. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  7. My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN: My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-every-few-minutes-ask-for-pin/51c1da9b-cffa-467e-af6b-8f4dda9dd5c4
  8. My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN

My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN: My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-every-few-minutes-ask-for-pin/51c1da9b-cffa-467e-af6b-8f4dda9dd5c4
  9. My Windows 10 every few minutes ask for PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows 10 Pro BSOD every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro BSOD every few minutes: Greetings all, I've been dealing with a BSOD over the past few days. I leave my system up over night, I wake up to a BSOD. I thought it was my System Drive, so I replaced it, then attempted to fix windows with sfc and dism. Today, I received a BSOD during the day. Then again...