Windows 10: Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

Discus and support Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 14393.10 Now my Explorer Icon Text is all Left Justified, I HATE IT! [EDIT] Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nigelmercier, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 14393.10

Now my Explorer Icon Text is all Left Justified, I HATE IT!

[EDIT] Just realised that it isn't consistent. In some windows it isn't all left justified. The first line is centred, the remaining lines are left justified to that. Terrible!

:)

nigelmercier, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

Today I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607

Now my Explorer Icon Text is all Left Justified, I HATE IT THE MOST!

Just realized that it isn't consistent. On Desktop it isn't all left justified. In Windows Explorer The first line
    is centered (in some cases), the remaining lines are left justified to that. Terrible!

How to resolve the issue?? Kindly Help!! I want center aligned only.

Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified [​IMG]

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

nakulsharma.n, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

A quick search showed me multiple threads about this issue already, including one dating back to Insider Previews of the Anniv. Update. It's also been reported on TechNet and as far as I can tell there is no fix yet.

Hopefully the mods will merge this thread with the existing ones to reduce clutter.

RobertJWin, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

Does the lack of replies mean I'm the only one who has this, or the only one who hates it?

nigelmercier, Aug 3, 2016
  5. guniu Win User
    guniu, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Parfumeur Win User
    Same PROBLEM here (icon text is now left aligned)! Methinks the issue is: Once again, a change done by ignorance of conventions, reading protocol and how the mind/eye works.

Doing real productive work is getting more difficult, as working environment changes to Mickey Mouse ideals.

This is becoming change for the sake of change, with no regard to workflow continuity. This change for no reason is not just in MS's Window, but found in many new everyday items..... eg: when Coke changed.

I hate this new Icon text Win 10 Explorer, as all my icons have long texts, and version numbers included, and wrap with inconsistencies. *Mad

Parfumeur, Aug 4, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, a few have mentioned this- I saw another post. Certainly doesn't occur on mine after the upgrade.

Just to confirm, that's any of View, Large, Extra large, Medium-sized icons in explorer.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Parfumeur Win User

Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

Maybe the issue is also related to the location in the location ini. Obviously, locations that read from right to left will have another setting (eg: Hebrew, Japanese, Arabic, et al.). Gone is the world of centrists. Now we only have leftists, and rightists <vbg>.

Parfumeur, Aug 4, 2016
  9. eddward Win User
    looks awful indeed

eddward, Aug 4, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  11. eddward Win User
    yes, reported already, I'll add more info
    btw
    I do known about this issue/feature, since it was introduced a few weeks ago in one of the Insiders build, but... what can I do.. my Feedback hub is localized so I don't even have an option to search and upvote global findings from others...

eddward, Aug 4, 2016
  12. yogalD Win User
    Just found this thread, and no you're not the only one.

yogalD, Aug 4, 2016
  13. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

Looks like I've joined the club...mine is the same.

RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 4, 2016
  14. Mystere Win User
    I never noticed because my explorer is always in details view, but yeah, same here. Looks like it's everyone most likely.

All you can do is report it, and hope they fix it.

Mystere, Aug 5, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    Not everyone..

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified

1. Windows 10 AU 1607: Icon Text Left Justified - Similar Threads - 1607 Icon Text

2. word 2010 text justify does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    word 2010 text justify does not work: does not justify text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010-text-justify-does-not-work/4c90fc28-2799-4ed0-a4a5-16e14cc90801
  3. Long text cannot be right-left justified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long text cannot be right-left justified: See above subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-text-cannot-be-right-left-justified/21903ad4-cbf4-4e59-99a1-63d483454176
  4. bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are...

bookmarking not working and " justified" text not working also "unable to restore" are...: 1) my bookmarking is not working i.e. when I bookmark a item it is not being recorded 2) when trying to reformat a document the text alignment is not working 3) tried to solve the two problems by restoring to earlier edition but it goes through the motions and then says...
  5. Arrange Desktop Icon in Windows 10 1607 LTSB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrange Desktop Icon in Windows 10 1607 LTSB: Hello Techies, we have to follow typical flow from top to bottom…starting with App eg started with name X ,A,D Need Some Apps in on the last row. A suggestion was made to move the critical icons to the upper right corner. Just Want to maintain the App order Please guide...
  6. Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share

Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share: Since installing Win 10 Pro AU 1607 I can no longer authenticate to a local SMB share. My laptop is still on 1511 and it is able to authenticate just fine. Same LAN, same SMB share. The only difference is my desktop is 1607. Every time I try to authenticate it gives...
  7. AU 1607: "Hinder" Cortana, speed-up computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AU 1607: "Hinder" Cortana, speed-up computer?: I'm not a Cortana user on my desktop and would like to disable her, but as I have already updated to W10 1607, I understand that this can't happen on W10 Home. So I ask: If I follow these instructions (You can't turn off Cortana in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update |...
  8. Windows 1607 (AU) sludge -Scheduled Tasks/Start Ups

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1607 (AU) sludge -Scheduled Tasks/Start Ups: I finally had to go to Windows 1607, thanks to the update that doesn't let you resched/change reboot times. Now I've been on it about 2 weeks. My startup, restart, and shutdown times are very slow! I finally made time to start looking for ways to optimize. I have a utility...
  9. Any significant hardware requirements change with the AU 1607?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any significant hardware requirements change with the AU 1607?: I had a helluva time struggling with getting my computer updated from the original build of Win10 (the 10240 RTM release) to the Anniversary Update (1607), to the point where it just would not happen, no matter what I tried. My computer was running the original release just...
  10. A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?

in Windows 10 Support
    A new glitch apparently due to AU 1607?: After installing AU 1607 and having a heck of a time trying to get Logitech's Setpoint 6.67.83 to install and get my TRB-22 to work - never did (see posts on Drivers and Hardware), I now had an interesting incident which may be or not be related to the AU install. Woke...