Windows 10: Windows 10 AU Freezes While working with Debian Guest in Virtualbox

Discus and support Windows 10 AU Freezes While working with Debian Guest in Virtualbox in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am kinda stuck with this one. I want to get Debian working in virtualbox with Windows 10 AU as the host and every time I do any disk activity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by topazcat, Sep 29, 2016.

1. topazcat Win User

Windows 10 AU Freezes While working with Debian Guest in Virtualbox

Hello, I am kinda stuck with this one. I want to get Debian working in virtualbox with Windows 10 AU as the host and every time I do any disk activity in virtualbox my hard disk freezes for minutes at a time and the whole computer locks up. Before AU my computer did not do this. Has anyone had this problem? I have a NVIDIA 950 GTX, 16 GB of Ram and a 2 TB WD Red Hard Drive.

Thanks,

:)

topazcat, Sep 29, 2016

2. Check your PC - indicates Windows 10 can't be installed because of VirtualBox Graphics Adapter for Windows 8

The upgrade option from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 running as a VirtualBox guest was to download the MediaCreationTool from Microsoft's website.

Executing the MediaCreationTool provides the option to upgrade to Windows 10 or create a media file.

The option for upgrading by clicking on the "Get Windows 10" icon in the system tray still doesn't work for me for the same reasons stated previously.

I'm running VirtualBox 5.0 and with the guest additions installed. Windows 10 experience with VB 5.0 isn't as clean as the experience with Windows 8.1. Only the Full Screen mode works cleanly. The seamless mode (which I prefer) hides the task bar. I
    believe this because VirtualBox 5.0 guest additions don't explicitly support Windows 10 yet.

I had to retreat back to 8.1 because the Edge browser wants to force me to use a specific JRE version and not use the version that I have installed.

For me, I won't be going to Windows 10 until VirtualBox fully supports it and I find a workaround for the Edge/JRE issue that I'm experiencing.

CraigDayton, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Moving a Windows 10 virtualbox guest pc to a new host. Any issues?

I have a virtualbox pc running Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium, which was installed with a full retail key). I need to move this guest to a new host. I've done this before with Win7 guests, although sometimes I've had to do the
    telephone re-authentication. Are there any issues with doing this with Windows 10?

(And no, I'm not trying to run 2 copies of this guest. I'll be doing a full shutdown of the guest, and virtualbox. I'll copy the files to the new host and remove them from the old host after the migration is successful.)

Florida_Matt, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 AU Freezes While working with Debian Guest in Virtualbox

1. Windows 10 AU Freezes While working with Debian Guest in Virtualbox - Similar Threads - Freezes While working

2. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  3. How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]VirtualBox developed by Oracle is a powerful type-2 Hypervisor x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. In this post, we will show you how to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10. For a better experience, you must...
  4. 0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x803f7001 Virtualbox Ubuntu host and Windows 10 guest: Hi, I bought my laptop with Win10 pre-installed but then I decided to remove it to install Ubuntu and then have my windows 10 running from a virtual machine (Virtualbox). Before removing original pre-installed W10, I downloaded the ISO file. After intalling ubuntu, I...
  5. VirtualBox Win10 guest Display issues

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox Win10 guest Display issues: Hope this is the right place to post this. I am running Windows 10 Insider previews, 32 and 64,as a guest in Win7 host. When I have guest additions installed I only have 800x600 and 1024x768 available as screen resolutions. Auto resize does not work. I have no issues when...
  6. How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox: I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest? 25675
  7. Beta VirtualBox Guest Additions working

Beta VirtualBox Guest Additions working: If anyone is using VirtualBox the test version of guest additions 4.3.21.97986 from here Testbuilds – Oracle VM VirtualBox seems to work with build 9926. The display adapter driver now loads correctly (which doesn't work in the current 4.3.20 version). 4135
  8. Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host)

Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host): I have deleted Win 10 from my harddrive. And with Virtualbox I have Win 7 running now. But I cannot get Win 10 installed. Any clue how to proceed? Would appreciate your assistance Daniel 3432
  9. Windows10 AU freezing advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 AU freezing advice: Hi all, Just some advice of my findings for the freezing issues. I had these issues since Anniversary Update, decided to reinstall last weekend. After this, it proceeded to do it again. My solution which has lasted 3 days so far (which is a record) is this: In the...
  10. virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualbox win 10 guest very slow: Recently, I would like to upgrade virtualbox win 7 guest to win 10. After upgraded, I found that it is very slow and always high CPU (usually 40-100%). Is there a way to solve this issue? 105040