Windows 10: Windows 10 AU Using More Resources

Discus and support Windows 10 AU Using More Resources in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just did a check on CPU usage of Windows 7 SP1 vs. Windows 10 AU on this machine (dual boot). It seems that Win7 is idling around 5% CPU usage and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dlwmacgregor, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Windows 10 AU Using More Resources

I just did a check on CPU usage of Windows 7 SP1 vs. Windows 10 AU on this machine (dual boot).
    It seems that Win7 is idling around 5% CPU usage and Win10AU idles around 25%.
    This is 2 days after updating to AU.
    Win 7 uses Bit Defender (paid) and Win10 uses Windows Defender.
    Is this unusual?

:)

dlwmacgregor, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Saturn75 Win User

File Explorer freezes when I make a new folder in windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi,

DISM tells:

the restore operation completed successfully

Operation complete.

The log file is empty, then found no problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

sfc /scannow tells:

Windows Resource Protection found no violation of integrity.

I think that this is a bug of Windows 10 AU.

Saturn75, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

Windows 10 AU Using More Resources

I can't compare mine with Win 7 but my idle usage looks great!

Windows 10 AU Using More Resources [​IMG]

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Can you sort that so it shows System in the left hand column?

6. Here's mine 30 minutes after booting.

7. aardvark Win User
    I can't get mine to sort with system at the top because it is never the busiest entry. Anyway, here's mine again with 1 firefox window open:

Windows 10 AU Using More Resources [​IMG]

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Windows 10 AU Using More Resources

That's OK.
    I implemented the fixes from the following web site and my CPU usage changed dramatically and my CPU Temperature went down 8 degrees.

Edit: Make that 12 degrees!

Windows 10 High CPU Usage Fixes

I'm not sure which one made the difference but I'll do a little investigation.

9. aardvark Win User
    Wow! What a difference! Nice...

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  10. You got that right!
    This PC is jumping now.
    The Performance Tab was showing solid 3.0 GHz full-time and now at idle is sits at around 1.0-1.3 GHz.

dlwmacgregor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 AU Using More Resources

1. Windows 10 AU Using More Resources - Similar Threads - Using More Resources

2. Is it possible to force Windows updates to use more/all system resources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to force Windows updates to use more/all system resources?: Hi Everyone I should give a little explanation to my question first: for the moment, my employer uses as "build" process for setting up new computers. I'm not 100% sure about the specifics, but a version of Windows, related drivers, etc is sent from a server using pxe boot....
  3. Is it possible to force Windows updates to use more/all system resources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to force Windows updates to use more/all system resources?: Hi Everyone I should give a little explanation to my question first: for the moment, my employer uses as "build" process for setting up new computers. I'm not 100% sure about the specifics, but a version of Windows, related drivers, etc is sent from a server using pxe boot....
  4. Is it possible to force Windows updates to use more/all system resources?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows takes more resources when available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows takes more resources when available: One odd behavior I have seen about Windows, in terms of memory management, is that it takes more memory when more RAM available to the system, and it compromises on memory when there is less RAM is the system. And yes, I am EXCLUDING cache standby. I did an experiment. My...
  6. Windows takes more resources when available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows takes more resources when available: One odd behavior I have seen about Windows, in terms of memory management, is that it takes more memory when more RAM available to the system, and it compromises on memory when there is less RAM is the system. And yes, I am EXCLUDING cache standby. I did an experiment. My...
  7. How can i make windows 10 use less resources and more lightweight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i make windows 10 use less resources and more lightweight: How I can I make windows 10 more lightweight thare is no reason it should use almost all my ram (it's useing about 4 GB of ram) how can I make it faster? submitted by /u/nool_ [link] [comments]...
  8. skype using resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype using resources: Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this app and its associated files, enough to slow down my pc. Why?...
  9. AU

in Windows 10 Customization
    AU: 0x0c00007b Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/au/161de6c4-f034-4c8b-b74c-f2c8a679e304
  10. Windows 10 AU Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 AU Problem: After installing Windows 10 AU, my computer only boots up to the Automatic Repair window where it gives me the choice to Restart or Advanced Options. Unfortunately whatever caused the problem also seems to have prevented power to get to my mouse and keyboard so that I cannot...