Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All I have a strange audio distortion problem on my son's Lenovo Ideapad 330S Windows 10 laptop more specification details at the end, that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clarkey_1955, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes

Hi All

I have a strange audio distortion problem on my son's Lenovo Ideapad 330S Windows 10 laptop more specification details at the end, that is driving me mad as I cannot see the logic.

Basically, whether using the built in speakers or earphones connected via the earphone jack, the laptop has severe distortion when playing:

- the windows startup/hello sound on system boot

- any windows system sounds

- any .Wav music file played via the Windows Media Player

- in game sound/music for games such as Minecraft or Steep

However, there is no distortion at all when using the same built in speakers or earphones connected via the earphone jack when playing:

- .Wav files via Google Music player

- system sounds via the Google Music player they are basically .wav files stored in \Windows\media

- Youtube videos foe example, I tested with video of Chicago Symphony Orchestra playing Beethoven's Ninth...it was beautiful

But...when playing .Wav files via Groove Music normally OK, if I select the Equalizer option via the settings menu, then the music has the same distortion as for Windows Media player.

Please note that I have tried a few Internet suggested remedies already including:

- Disabling audio enhancements via the Sound Manager

- Applying all Windows operating system upgrades

- Installing the latest Realtek audio driver

- Disabling and enabling the AMD High Definition Audio Driver

- calling Lenovo support they had no clue

- turning down the volume on Windows System Sounds they still distort...but more quietly!

The system is as follows:

IBM Lenovo IdeaPad 330S model 81FB

BIOS date 4/11/2019

Windows 10 build 18363

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200u with

AMD Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2500 Mhz, 2 core graphics

4.0 GB RAM

Realtek audio

AMD High Definition Audio

Any suggestions would be welcomed,

Jrc

:)

Clarkey_1955, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 26, 2020
  3. audio distortion on Icon

My Icon has distorted audio when voice mails are played and phone is on speaker. Volume is 20/30. Any suggestions?

spectron---01, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes

1. Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes - Similar Threads - Audio Distortion Sometimes

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  5. distorted audio

distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  6. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...: Hey microsoft, i know this really isnt your thing and hardware but i wanted to put my problem on here. recently a had a prebuilt computer that had a broken cpu and it kept makeing this freezing and buzzing noise. recently i built a pc and ive been really scared that something...
  7. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...: Hey microsoft, i know this really isnt your thing and hardware but i wanted to put my problem on here. recently a had a prebuilt computer that had a broken cpu and it kept makeing this freezing and buzzing noise. recently i built a pc and ive been really scared that something...
  8. I recently built a computer, sometimes the display slows down and audio distorts. sometimes...

9. Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.: So recently my audio started crackling and becoming distorted. I fixed that and it went away for a week or so, but for most of last month and this month, my audio would either be out of sync, be distorted or sometimes on a rare occasion both. I've tried most of the things in...
  10. Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio: Hi, Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented here; Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo audio distorted