Windows 10: Windows 10 audio ducking issues

Discus and support Windows 10 audio ducking issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A couple of days ago when I turned on my PC I noticed right away that my sound was lower than normal, despite being at 100%, it was hard to hear people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Samjm850, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Samjm850 Win User

Windows 10 audio ducking issues

A couple of days ago when I turned on my PC I noticed right away that my sound was lower than normal, despite being at 100%, it was hard to hear people on Teamspeak etc.
    I also noticed that it is ducking audio, across all programs. I have it disabled in sound settings when receiving a call etc, but if someone makes a loud sound in teamspeak it lowers my music volume for a second and then comes back up, if I play a game such as CS it does the same thing every time there is a loud noise.

It's as though it's trying to protect my hearing or something by not allowing anything to go above a certain volume, but there seems to be no consistency to what noise gets turned down, if someone yells in Teamspeak for example it might decide to duck the audio of the game, or a loud noise in the game might cause it to duck music/teamspeak.
    I've checked all the sound settings in Windows, Skype, Teamspeak to see if any of them have any issues to no avail. I have rolled back, reinstalled and checked that my audio drivers are up to date. I am using a Sennheiser PC363D headset which has a USB sound card, so I'm not using the onboard Soundblaster drivers.

I did notice I had new Windows updates install around the time it broke, so I rolled back to before the update, however it didn't make any difference. This did happen to me once before but after about 10 PC restarts it automatically fixed itself, so I have no idea what caused or resolved it in that case.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how I might be able to stop it happening?
    Thanks in advance

:)

Samjm850, Nov 6, 2015
  2. SAIW Win User

Problems with Skype Audio and Windows 10

Since upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I have had a problem with Skype Audio. If I use the Skype Echo/Sound Test service I often experience the audio playback at almost double speed ("Donald Duck style") unless I do the following:

1. Manually plug in a second microphone which Windows then recognises and loads audio drivers (?) - An automatic configuration change.

2. Immediately unplug this microphone - Second automatic configuration change.

Now Skype audio will work 'properly'

Anyone any idea what is happening and how I can correct this issue?

SAIW, Nov 6, 2015
  3. browser add ons

how to get rid of alphashopper and duck duck

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

AlexNiven1, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 audio ducking issues

1. Windows 10 audio ducking issues - Similar Threads - audio ducking issues

2. Audio Ducking not functionning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Ducking not functionning properly: Hello,For some time now I've been having troubles with the audio ducking, I used an application called KeyyoPhone to make and recieve calls from my PC so the audio ducking comes in really handy as I dont have to manually lower other applications' volume before answering the...
  3. How do I download Duck Duck Go

in Cortana
    How do I download Duck Duck Go: How do I download Duck Duck Go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-duck-duck-go/3c72427d-a842-4dee-bf8b-e0cb67a3a20d
  4. Duck Duck Go or Google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duck Duck Go or Google: DDG may be more private ( is it ? ) but I've been using it for the past week and I'm convinced Google is the best search engine what do people think Back to top" style="color: rgb(29, 54, 82); text-decoration: none; height: 22px; line-height: 22px; padding: 0px 12px;...
  5. Duck Duck Go Default Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duck Duck Go Default Search: How can I make Duck Duck Go the default search engine in the Cortana search bar? Also, how can I make Chrome the default browser Cortana opens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duck-duck-go-default-search/5b9755ea-a105-42e4-940d-7ca08403c9cf
  6. Donald Duck Quack Attack on Windows 10 to run?

Donald Duck Quack Attack on Windows 10 to run?: Does anyone know how to make the above game run on Windows 10? Donald Duck Quack Attack auf Windows 10 zum laufen bekommen?
  7. Windows 10 audio issue

Windows 10 audio issue: All drivers are updated Mine speaker and headphones get continuously disconnected and connected again and again i use windows 10 mine headphones work on other pc and when i connect the headphones in the jack it makes a fuzzy sound but it continuously gets unplugged at the...
  8. Windows 10 audio issues

Windows 10 audio issues: For the past month (starting Jan 24), I’ve been getting a reoccurring sound issue, where my speakers emit a periodic static/crackling/popping sound, while listening to music in iTunes, watching videos, etc. I’ve been trying everything to fix the issue, even so far as getting...
  9. Random Tabs Created With Firefox and Duck Duck Go

in Browsers and Email
    Random Tabs Created With Firefox and Duck Duck Go: I use Firefox as my Browser and Duck Duck Go as my Search Engine. Sometimes, when my fingers go wonkers with the touchpad and the pointer; one of the tabs will develop a mind of its own and slide across the window to create a new page. When I was using Google Chrome, I had...
  10. Duck Duck Go and Tor versus Google Chrome and Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Duck Duck Go and Tor versus Google Chrome and Yahoo: I try to clear the cookies, search engines and the search history from my laptop every week, sometimes every two weeks. Generally, I use Google Chrome as my browser and Yahoo as my search engine. I have an email address with yahoo and I like their start page with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio ducking windows 10

2. windows audio ducking

3. windows 10 disable ducking

4. windows 10 skype microphone ducking,
  5. windows ducking,
  6. realtek ducking issue,
  7. windows 10 audio ducking games