Windows 10: windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter

Discus and support windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win10 up to dateRealtek AudioUpdate: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5021233 Update: 2022-12 Cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen_Ford, Jan 24, 2023.

1. windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter

Win10 up to dateRealtek AudioUpdate: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5021233 Update: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 KB5021089Since "about" these updates [very approximately - about the beginning of January 2023], after a restart, the speakers don't work.Running the troubler-shooter TS and selecting "no don't open audio enhancements", the speakers work.I tried the other option too with nothing obvious for me to do and they also work after that.In both cases the TS reports "No

:)

Stephen_Ford, Jan 24, 2023

2. Windows 10 hardware and system trouble shooter

All Windows Trouble shooter states is that "there maybe a problem with my audio device" what do I do next to trouble shoot my audio device?

ronaldolsen, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 24, 2023
  4. JT_4994 Win User

windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter

Windows 10 hardware and system trouble shooter

All Windows Trouble shooter states is that "there maybe a problem with my audio device" what do I do next to trouble shoot my audio device?

Of course since more than three years since the posted question things are slighting different when I was notified 8/19/2019. Now just type Troubleshoot in the "windows" box.

JT_4994, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter

1. windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter - Similar Threads - audio has suddenly

2. running windows 10 and had problems with the trouble shooter. The trouble shooter came back...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    running windows 10 and had problems with the trouble shooter. The trouble shooter came back...: Started up my computer running windows 10 and it was really slow, so took out the battery and put it back in and that helped to speed it up. I than ran the trouble shooter to diagnose the problem and I got a message that it couldn't continue due to hardware problems. Is there...
  3. windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter: Win10 up to dateRealtek AudioUpdate: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5021233 Update: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 KB5021089Since "about" these updates [very...
  4. windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 audio has suddenly stopped working after startup and needs the trouble shooter: Win10 up to dateRealtek AudioUpdate: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5021233 Update: 2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 KB5021089Since "about" these updates [very...
  5. Audio has stopped working on my hp laptop running Windows 10. Tried Trouble shooter but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio has stopped working on my hp laptop running Windows 10. Tried Trouble shooter but...: Audio has stopped working on my hp laptop. Tried Trouble shooter but says my audio service isnt running. Tried to start the service on the Services App, but got an error code saying 0x80070005: Access is denied. Looked to see the audio on the Device Manager - but...
  6. Windiws 10 Trouble Shooter Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windiws 10 Trouble Shooter Not Working: I keep trying to fix problems on my PC with the Trouble Shooter all I get are error codes what is wrong Trouble Shooter says An Error Occurred while trouble shooting Error Code: 0x800703EE I am running Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build 17763.379 Device specs...
  7. windows trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows trouble shooter: How do I fix error code 0x803C0103? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-trouble-shooter/249c2711-97a6-4997-ae7c-59cbe8b28886
  8. Reactivate windows 10 trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 trouble shooter: The trouble shooter for windows 10 reactivation is not showing my other device that appears on the microsoft website. This is causing an activation problem because I cant select the device that has my new hardware in it. I just recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and...
  9. Reactivate windows 10 trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 trouble shooter: The trouble shooter for windows 10 reactivation is not showing my other device that appears on the microsoft website. This is causing an activation problem because I cant select the device that has my new hardware in it. I just recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and...
  10. Reactivate windows 10 trouble shooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade