Windows 10: Windows 10 audio issue, strange pop when any sound is played / started or stopped.

Discus and support Windows 10 audio issue, strange pop when any sound is played / started or stopped. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, For about 5 days now I have been having this issue with my audio, where if a sound plays be it windows/discord/steam I get a loud pop at the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bahamutyl, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 audio issue, strange pop when any sound is played / started or stopped.

Hi,

For about 5 days now I have been having this issue with my audio, where if a sound plays be it windows/discord/steam I get a loud pop at the very start of the audio, it then plays fine. this video is a perfect example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVp-Lykp6gA

I have tried every troubleshooting guide there is, including reinstalling windows(twice) making sure every driver is up to date, uninstalling windows audio and realtek and reinstalling the latest drivers.

I have made sure everything is set to maximum power, I have also been in the registry and changed idle times so the audio is not going to sleep.

I first started getting this issue with the sennhieser GSP 670, which I returned only to get the same issue, I refunded those and now have the Arctis pro+game dac. these have the exact same problem which leads me to believe the head is is not at fault.

This reddit thread is the same problem I am having but after a year, I do not think he was able to fix said problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cgyul2/audio_crackling_and_popping/

I really have tried every known solution to this and now after exhausting all leads, I do not know what else to do.

submitted by /u/Bahamutyl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bahamutyl, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Fai9al023 Win User

Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Aug 7, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 audio issue, strange pop when any sound is played / started or stopped.

Strange audio problem on Windows 10

I keep having this strange problem with any headphones plugged into my computer where the audio doesn't work at all but if I mute then unmute the volume while a sound is playing it magically starts working again, but then if I stop the audio on my computer
    and then try and play it again, the audio will not work again. Any suggestions?

Matt Chapman 2018, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 audio issue, strange pop when any sound is played / started or stopped.

1. Windows 10 audio issue, strange pop when any sound is played / started or stopped. - Similar Threads - audio issue strange

2. Pop noise when starting and stopping audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop noise when starting and stopping audio: There have been similar posts before but they are too specific to particular PCs. For example, when playing a sound, I'll get a small pop immediately after and possibly sometimes in between I can't remember. It's annoying. Any solutions?Thanks...
  3. Pop noise when starting and stopping audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop noise when starting and stopping audio: There have been similar posts before but they are too specific to particular PCs. For example, when playing a sound, I'll get a small pop immediately after and possibly sometimes in between I can't remember. It's annoying. Any solutions?Thanks...
  4. Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio: I've been getting an annoying popping sound in my headphones whenever I start playing any audio after nothing's been playing for more than 10 seconds. I've looked all over the internet trying out any potential solution I could find, but nothing worked for me. That is, except...
  5. Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution for anyone getting a popping sound when playing audio: I've been getting an annoying popping sound in my headphones whenever I start playing any audio after nothing's been playing for more than 10 seconds. I've looked all over the internet trying out any potential solution I could find, but nothing worked for me. That is, except...
  6. Occasional popping sound when audio is played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional popping sound when audio is played: About a month ago I had an audio problem where when I played sound, static noise would play and would make a popping sound when it comes on and off. I changed the driver to an older version which worked until now. Whenever I play pretty much any sound, I hear a popping noise...
  7. Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.: So this is a recent Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19042.746) installation as one half of a Dual Boot with Windows 7 Ultimate after months, years of holding off. Windows 10 has been...fine for the most part. Small things that were able to be improved on, if not fixed entirely. The...
  8. WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound

WINDOWS 10 issue: NVIDIA High Definition Audio not playing any sound: Sound Test shows increased volume but no sound is actually played on my NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Troubleshooter shows the below Publisher Details: Sound Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound. Package Version: 4.5...
  9. mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays

mouse stops responding when any video or sound plays: Whenever a sound plays on the computer my mouse will stop responding then after the sound stops about 10 seconds later my mouse will start moving again. I tried switching to a wired mouse but the same thing was happening, for both wireless and wired mice. during the time...
  10. Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing: This only started happening recently, but whenever any sort of audio plays on youtube, spotify, or anything else, I get lag spikes (I can tell because my cursor starts skipping). I have tried on firefox, chrome, and edge and they all lag when audio plays. Help?...