Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio Issues (Please Read full description)

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio Issues (Please Read full description) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently accidentally downloaded some spam-wear "Anti-virus" and I believe it to be the cause for my recent audio issues. I have a pretty new MSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattSchutzman, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Audio Issues (Please Read full description)

Recently accidentally downloaded some spam-wear "Anti-virus" and I believe it to be the cause for my recent audio issues. I have a pretty new MSI laptop (i7-8750hk, 16GB ddr4 ram, gtx 1050, ect...) and after downloading some relatively sketchy software my audio semi works. At first I had no sound output options at all, not even my laptops speakers, then after I reconnected audio devices (eg. headphones) the sound options would come back and be no issue. However as you might notice it is very difficult to reconnect a laptops speakers and therefore I am still without that option. Surprisingly the speakers on my external monitor will NOT show up as a possible audio output when I disconnect and reconnect though (its connected through HDMI). It says in device manager that there is an error with the High definition audio controller. Says

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Before you give me all the obvious answers, yes I have tried updating, disabling, uninstalling, rolling back and just about every other simple solution out there forthe audio drivers. I have come to the conclusion this is not a simple fix. I believe that my very handy "anti-virus" deleted an important registry key or something for the audio drivers and now audio is weird. Something else of note is that my computer has blue screened once since this has happened, Windows said it was making changes to fix something and now all is well again. Please give any advice you have, I'll try anything.

:)

MattSchutzman, Mar 14, 2019

2. Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Audio Issue

Hello,

Thank you for providing a detailed information on your issue. I appreciate the step-by-step troubleshooting and the pains you took to resolve the issue. However, there are a few more steps that we can try to diagnose the root cause and in order to
    fix the issue permanently.

As per the issue description there is no sound on some application. This could be if the drivers get corrupted or not installed properly.
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons too:

• If Audio service and its dependency services are not running.
    • Corrupt audio drivers.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to check if the audio dependency services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

a. Press Windows Key +R.

b. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.

c. Scroll down through the list and find the following services.

Plug and Play

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

d. Double-click on the services one by one and check if the services are
    started and startup type is automatic.

Additional Information:

You may refer to the article mentioned below.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 Audio Issues (Please Read full description)

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Audio Issues (Please Read full description)

1. Windows 10 Audio Issues (Please Read full description) - Similar Threads - Audio Issues Please

2. Shift 2 does not work Please read description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift 2 does not work Please read description: My shift 2 key does not work to type the at symbol. I have tried 4 different keyboards. My language setting is US QWERTY, I have installed English Canada, as well as English UK, Shift 2 does nothing in any of them . My shift keys work, my 2 key works, my #$% works, but shift...
  3. Shift 2 does not work Please read description

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift 2 does not work Please read description: My shift 2 key does not work to type the at symbol. I have tried 4 different keyboards. My language setting is US QWERTY, I have installed English Canada, as well as English UK, Shift 2 does nothing in any of them . My shift keys work, my 2 key works, my #$% works, but shift...
  4. read description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  5. read description

read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  6. read description

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  8. WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2

WaasMedicSvc description reads " failed to read description" error 2: If I look in registry I see key 'description' with entry "@WaaSMedicSvcImpl.dll,-102"If I just change this to any text, the description is correct in services.msc.But what is it actually pulling from this waasmedicsvcimpl.dll,-102? Is it an offset with the description?...
  9. Apostrophe key not working ***read description***

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apostrophe key not working ***read description***: Ok, so this started happening about a week ago, I will try to type and use the apostrophe key, but the actual symbol will not type, but if I hold shift and hit it, quotes will type, so that is working, but for some reason apostrophe will not type. Heres the kicker, it...
  10. Wifi problems please help *read description*

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problems please help *read description*: i found out after a month that therest no problem wid my pc but its its wifi. my hostel wifi. i tried to use that wifi registered to my laptop on my phone by copying its mac on phone. didn't work but screwed my life. sinsce then after connecting to that wifi everything works...