Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio Jack

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio Jack in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with my audio issues. I just updated windows and now my pc is registering my front mic jack as my back audio jack, which is where my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PistolLouie, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Audio Jack

Can anyone help me with my audio issues. I just updated windows and now my pc is registering my front mic jack as my back audio jack, which is where my stereo speakers are plugged in (and no its not plugged into the mic jack in the rear). Like my two headphone jacks are in the front of the pc and my one audio jack that goes to speakers is in the back. But when I look at properties on the headphones, it's saying the mic jack in in the rear panel jack where the audio for the stereo usually is. I know this is probably confusing but I'm new to pc and cant figure this out. I'm getting no audio out of my Stereo but the when I look at the volume mixer it says there is audio. It also says that the stereo jack is plugged into a LR jack with a monitor logo, which I think the pc is registering the stereo in the monitor. Cause when I plug it into the monitor it works, just not the back panel jack where I usually have it.

submitted by /u/PistolLouie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PistolLouie, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 Audio Jack

Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Audio Jack

1. Windows 10 Audio Jack - Similar Threads - Audio Jack

2. When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up: > I bought a new microphone and plugged it into my PC. At first, it was not showing up or working. Then, when I plugged the microphone into another PC, it worked. However, on my PC, it still doesn't work. > In YouTube videos, people suggest uninstalling the device and letting...
  3. When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up: > I bought a new microphone and plugged it into my PC. At first, it was not showing up or working. Then, when I plugged the microphone into another PC, it worked. However, on my PC, it still doesn't work. > In YouTube videos, people suggest uninstalling the device and letting...
  4. When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My audio jack on my PC doesn't detect my headphones when I plug them in after installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio jack on my PC doesn't detect my headphones when I plug them in after installing...: I just installed a new motherboard on my PC. When I booted it up and plugged my headphones in the computer shows no recognition that I have plugged something in. In the sound device manager it says that my headphones aren't even plugged in....
  6. My audio jack on my PC doesn't detect my headphones when I plug them in after installing...

My audio jack on my PC doesn't detect my headphones when I plug them in after installing...: I just installed a new motherboard on my PC. When I booted it up and plugged my headphones in the computer shows no recognition that I have plugged something in. In the sound device manager it says that my headphones aren't even plugged in....
  7. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  8. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  9. Audio devices connected through the audio jack not working.

Audio devices connected through the audio jack not working.: Was working fine until today. Audio input is detected but no audio is coming through. USB audio devices work fine when connected. The audio troubleshooter says that the windows audio services are not responding. When i try to update the audio drivers through device manager,...
  10. Audio devices connected through the audio jack not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio devices connected through the audio jack not working.: Was working fine until today. Audio input is detected but no audio is coming through. USB audio devices work fine when connected. The audio troubleshooter says that the windows audio services are not responding. When i try to update the audio drivers through device manager,...