Windows 10: Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help

Discus and support Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So it's been 1 month since it began to stop functioning and still couldn't figure it out what's wrong with it. I did all sound testings, went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianWilliams1, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help

So it's been 1 month since it began to stop functioning and still couldn't figure it out what's wrong with it.
    I did all sound testings, went through device manager, updated all sound device, even reinstalled each of them, etc. and all of them give no sign of problem when in fact there is something wrong. The sound test result says it's working properly.

About a week ago, I accessed my laptop from my phone via remote desktop and I was surprised that it produced sound through my earphones connected to my phone. What I did next was I tried to launch a video game and set the desktop volume to 0 and the result is strange. I was still hearing the in game sound.

So today I've come to another conclusion that the problem might not be my sound device. Am I wrong?

:)

JulianWilliams1, Mar 12, 2019

2. Audio Jack malfunction

Hi Usman,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing usually occur due to the audio driver is out dated. Try the below methods information provided and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Type troubleshoot on the search bar and click on
      troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound and click on
      Playing audio.

• Now click on Advanced button and click on
      Next.

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver manually from device manager and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and output and expand it.

• Right click on the device driver and click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help

1. Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help - Similar Threads - Audio Malfunction Help

2. My Pc is malfunctioning Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc is malfunctioning Help: I bought a new RAM 8gb 3200mhz, but then it goes bsod, I tried to put my old ram, but after putting it back my pc doesn't turn on and goes full black screen. I use A320M-K mother board these are both my problems I don't know why is this happening. Help...
  3. Windows Audio Service malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Service malfunctioning: After the latest Windows update, I can no longer hear sound.The sound icon displays the message "No Audio Output Device is installed", and I cannot select an audio device such as headphones or speakers more on this with Windows Audio Service properties. My audio devices show...
  4. Windows Malfunctioning Help Pleaase

Windows Malfunctioning Help Pleaase: My PC was working alright last night but when i started my zoom meeting like i daily do, after 5 mins it started lagging so hard that the voice was dying, cursor & keyboard was hanging then i closed all of em and shutdown, after it i waited 5 mins and turned it on back then...
  5. Pc Audio malfunction

Pc Audio malfunction: My audio was running fine all day, I set down my open-back headphones and walked away, the only thing that was different is, when I came back and put on my headphones, when I grabbed them static discharged onto the back of my headset. When I put on my headphones, all audio...
  6. Audio malfunctioning, turns on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio malfunctioning, turns on and off: The audio randomly turns on and off when I'm not doing anything with the laptop. The light on the volume function key flickers off and on as the audio goes off and on. That function volume key usually doesn't work if I tap it. The audio also responds to various keys, mostly...
  7. Windows 10 malfunctions

Windows 10 malfunctions: I have been using the auto update for Windows 10 since it was available. Just recently I am unable to create a new file folder on my desktop. I right click the desktop and it brings up my option table for AMD Catalyst Control Center. When I click on the "new" tab, the...
  8. Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction: Last June, I replaced my 1TB hard disk after breaking it. I currently have 500GB hard disk. Several months soon after, my laptop's audio started to malfunction until today. I believe I've already tried literally all solutions, from updating my windows system to updating the...
  9. Windows 10 Malfunctioning

Windows 10 Malfunctioning: Yesterday, I noticed my start button wouldn't activate no matter what I did, and I was trying to put my computer to hibernate for the night. The cortana search button wouldn't work either, along with anything related to settings. To fix the problem, I just used the physical...
  10. Windows 10 Malfunctioning

Windows 10 Malfunctioning: My task bar icons are not showing up, my volume no longer works, and the start menu seems to be frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-malfunctioning/cea4f2a4-d47a-46a3-a515-aa894d5c0d70

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio jack malfunction

2. Contina an audio malfunction

3. asus window 10 audio malfunction

4. sound malfunction in windows 10?