Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio Problem Thread

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio Problem Thread in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a very frustrating problem with my audio not working when I plug my headphones in. I believe this has something to do with the OS, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cibasnide, Dec 5, 2015.

1. cibasnide Win User

Windows 10 Audio Problem Thread

I've got a very frustrating problem with my audio not working when I plug my headphones in. I believe this has something to do with the OS, because I have never had issues of this kind with any other computer. I just bought this computer with Windows 10 installed. I have tried:

Deleting my audio drivers and reinstalling them (I have Realtek 64 bit)
    Changing to the onboard windows sound driver
    Swapping out to a different pair of headphones

This problem did not exist when I was first using the computer about a month ago. I also fixed it (or it fixed itself randomly) a weeks ago or so and was working fine until Windows 10 automatically updated itself. Additionally, today I just thought why not try to entertain the idea of resetting my computer but I get a "Could not find the recovery environment" error from Windows. That would have been a last resort, but it doesn't even seem like an option. Does anyone have any ideas? I've googled and googled for about two weeks now and still no fix. Thanks for any potential ideas.

:)

cibasnide, Dec 5, 2015
  2. TroyDuran Win User

Windows 10 Update problems

Windows 10 has caused me nothing but problems since it installed, and ESPECIALLY since the latest update. I can no longer use my audio interface to play audio over my speakers. My audio recording software resets EVERY time I record. I have no idea how to
    even start to fix these problems.

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Performance & system failures

TroyDuran, Dec 5, 2015
  3. RqReaperz Win User
    Emulation problem with windows 10

Ive had the same problem when trying to emulate ratchet and clank however i had looked on other threads which said it was a audio problem, but i changed audio settings and that didnt seem to work? could it be my OS?(windows 10)

RqReaperz, Dec 5, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

You seem to be convinced its a Win 10 OS problem. If it was only a Windows 10 problem, millions would be having the problem and they obviously are not. Please fill in the "My System Specs" as it helps us to try and help you. As you "just bought the computer" suggests its new and in Warranty. First step would be to contact the vendor as only the vendor can get it corrected under warranty. May even be a hardware problem and again its the vendor who can get that corrected. Many Laptops have a separate board for the I/O with cabling to the main board. That is one potential area.

When you plug in a headphone, check the Sound Playback panel to see if the headphones are detected.

fireberd, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Audio Problem Thread - Similar Threads - Audio Problem Thread

2. windows 10 audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 audio problem: I've used my pc this morning and had to restart it due to an update, when the pc booted up with my headphones plugged in the volume was cut in half, as if 100% volume was equal to 50% volume, this has been happening for a while now and it happens sporadically, i might be...
  3. Windows 10 audio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 audio problem.: Hi, For about 3 days I have had this problem with my audio, where if a sound is playing, be it Windows or Discord, I hear a loud popping at the beginning of the audio, then it plays fine. I've made sure everything is set up right, I've also been on the registry and changed...
  4. Windows 10 audio problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 audio problem.: Hi, For about 3 days I have had this problem with my audio, where if a sound is playing, be it Windows or Discord, I hear a loud popping at the beginning of the audio, then it plays fine. I've made sure everything is set up right, I've also been on the registry and changed...
  5. Windows 10 audio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 audio problems

Windows 10 audio problems: For the last few weeks I have had audio problems. Suddenly the sound on my laptop will stop suddenly, the sound stops suddenly and no additional updates have been installed.Is there a permanent solution? Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio Problems: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ASAPclan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjd46v/windows_10_audio_problems/
  8. Yes another no audio thread Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yes another no audio thread Windows 10: [ATTACH] OK so I bought a new smart TV after black Friday, installed it about two weeks ago. Sometime in the last, let's say 4 days, audio stopped working. I usually show my kids bedtime videos every night, but not last night and can't remember since they were being crazy...
  9. Windows 10 activation problem...Urgent+Thread on website problems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation problem...Urgent+Thread on website problems.: This is my 3rd topic about the same problem,I need to make new topic because i can't reply,It says "Oops!Something went wrong" and I can't send anything. License expiration message always pop up,Windows is activated using the CD that my friend gave me,he works in a popular...
  10. Windows 10 audio problem

Windows 10 audio problem: Ok so, my computer was very laggy and I decided to reset my computer. But the problem is, I can't hear any sounds. There's an "X" mark on the audio and I tried all my speakers and earphones, but it didn't work. So I checked the device manager and it only has AMD High...