Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been annoying me for a couple of days, I've tried so many things but none of them have worked. Basically, I don't know what I did but one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NothingWorksSMH, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Audio Problem

This has been annoying me for a couple of days, I've tried so many things but none of them have worked.

Basically, I don't know what I did but one day the audio bar had a red x on it, so I uninstalled the Realtek driver and re-installed it.

My audio hasn't been working since. I have no idea what to do and i've run out of support pages to find answers, so i've finally decided to ask someone.

I have tried:

Re-installing the drivers

Removing enhancements on the speakers

Restarting windows audio service

cmd sfc /scannow

Setting my speakers as default drivers

Uninstalling the realtek driver on device manager and restarting PC

Trying to update other audio drivers.

---

Nothing has worked, if any of you have an idea on how to fix this I'd love to chat below. I need this fixed.

It's a laptop, the speakers and plugging headphones in don't work. I get an error when I try to listen to mp3 files and I can't test my speakers as it comes up with an error.

:)

NothingWorksSMH, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Audio Problem

Windows 10 audio problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Playing Audio Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Audio Problem

1. Windows 10 Audio Problem - Similar Threads - Audio Problem

2. Big Microsoft Bug Problems - NO AUDIO PLAYBACK, EXCEPT A FEW SYSTEM SOUNDS!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Big Microsoft Bug Problems - NO AUDIO PLAYBACK, EXCEPT A FEW SYSTEM SOUNDS!!: As of this latest OS Build 17134.619 February 19th, 2019,I No long have any Sounds for Music, Netflix, or anything else but only a few rare speaker test sounds. Does anyone have a Fix for these Bad Windows OS Builds that cause havoc with Our Computers, I know my Sound Device...
  3. Sennheiser pxc 550 connection to two devices problem - not able to switch audio source...

Sennheiser pxc 550 connection to two devices problem - not able to switch audio source...: Hi all, I have a sennheiser pxc 550 bluetooth headphones. I use it to connect to an android smartphone and a windows 10 laptop simultaneously. The headphones was designed to switch audio source automatically, ie while i was watching movie on laptop, if there is a...
  4. I'm having a Audio problem, Is there a fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm having a Audio problem, Is there a fix?: I'm having a problem with my Audio, I have no idea what to do! Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-audio-problem-is-there-a-fix/26a06a7d-09a1-4c83-a88e-d84e2a4c70a9
  5. Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809: Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 HI! My computer has Windows 10/64 1809 and a sound card from Realtek. It has been impossible to record sound to Audacity (2.3.0) through Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) after Windows 10...
  6. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  7. Problems with my audio driver in Windows 10.

Problems with my audio driver in Windows 10.: Currently, when updating my PC my audio drives simply stopped working, what do I have to do to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-my-audio-driver-in-windows-10/15eada79-2f32-43fc-9071-b7b25dd86859
  8. Audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio problem: My computer is having issues with Audio, nothing is heard, neither videos nor music absolutely nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-problem/d07e7d0b-8755-4c9c-add0-67ff59ec129d
  9. Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10

Xbox one elite controller audio problem in windows 10: I have an elite controller that I use on both my Xbox One X and PC running Windows 10. I use headphones with it by plugging directly into the 3.5mm jack (no adapter) and it has been working just fine until recently. I found that I have no audio when using the controller on my...
  10. Problem with audio recording

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with audio recording: I have a new headset with a built-in mic. When I am trying to record audio and connect the headset through AUX, the mic isn’t working but the audio is working. I found "recording" under the "Sound" settings , then I found microphones but just Laptops Build in microphones...