Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bblankenship817, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

Hello,

I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error occurred" message but it showed that the firmware was updated. I was able to get my headset working fine but the issue I am having now is that the volume controls on both the headset and Windows 10 slider do not work. When I move the slider it makes the Windows noise but the volume does not increase or decrease. When I turn the volume wheel on my headset you can see on the screen that its turning up or down the volume but it does not change the volume. If I turn it all the way down, it does mute the sound. Just no change in volume. I've googled and done everything that I can find to try to resolve this and I cannot. I am not sure if there is a registry change I can make to resolve this or maybe reinstall the Windows audio software?

I am I am going to forget a few things but here is what i've tried as far as troubleshooting:

Reboot PC

Restart Windows Audio Service

Restarted Explorer Process

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling any audio drivers or devices

Ran SFC /scannow - no issues found

Ran DISM.exe -Online -Restorehealth

Tried looking at all settings and options in playback devices and options

Ran the audio troubleshooter with no help

Did a 'clean' reboot. Disabled all start up processes and software, still happening

I am probably leaving out a few things but I have tried just about everything to try to get this working again. I don't know if I should try to run a Windows repair disk to see if it fixes anything or what.

The one thing that I noticed was that I downloaded Eartrumpet from the Windows Store and that does have a 'System Sound' that allows me to adjust the volume of my PC but it doesn't doesn't work with my headset or the primary Windows volume. So I am guess that my Windows 10 volume slider isn't linked to my system sound, some how? Not sure how to restore this. If anyone from Microsoft or any guru can help me with this, it would be awesome. I've created a ticket with HyperX about the issue but from what I can tell, this is a Windows issue and not necessarily a piece of hardware or even a driver issue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not reinstall Windows or something crazy like that but please let me know if you know anything! Thank you.

:)

bblankenship817, Dec 17, 2018

2. No Audio Slider & Notification Center

Just did a clean install of 10162, but now when I click on the volume control or notification icons nothing happens. The volume works, but I must right click the volume icon and open the volume mixer to control the volume. There is no audio slider. The notification center doesn't do anything, whether I right or left click it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

waltersfield, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Ross Win User
    Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

4. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

Audio Slider not Working in Windows 10

I am having a very strange issue with my audio slider/mixer. On my laptop, if I click the audio icon to access the volume slider to change the volume, nothing happens. When I used the control panel to go into the mixer, when I clicked the tab to go to the
    mixer, it would not work and nothing would happen. It seems that I am unable to access my volume mixer through any basic means. I was able to eventually change my volume, but this was through the Windows 10 troubleshooting system in Speakers/Headphones Properties.
    Although I can change my volume by keeping this tab open, it is rather inconvenient, as I use the laptop for business presentations. Any help on how to fix this would be very appreciated.

JoelBeckwith, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

1. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume - Similar Threads - Audio Slider Does

2. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  3. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  4. Volume slider does not change the level of loudness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not change the level of loudness: Hi! I've been experiencing that my laptop volume slider does not work. It doesn't change it volume it only stays at 100% volume even it is only set to 2%, but when i mute the volume the sounds will be muted. It does not let me to change the loudness of my volume. Does any one...
  5. Volume slider does not change the level of loudness

Volume slider does not change the level of loudness: Hi! I've been experiencing that my laptop volume slider does not work. It doesn't change it volume it only stays at 100% volume even it is only set to 2%, but when i mute the volume the sounds will be muted. It does not let me to change the loudness of my volume. Does any one...
  6. Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11: The taskbar audio sliders on my HP Laptop are not working properly anymore. When I change the volume slider on the taskbar from 1% to 100% it keeps the same loud volume. There is no difference in volume at all. 0% is working and I can mute the sound. I have to use the the...
  7. Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11

Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11: The taskbar audio sliders on my HP Laptop are not working properly anymore. When I change the volume slider on the taskbar from 1% to 100% it keeps the same loud volume. There is no difference in volume at all. 0% is working and I can mute the sound. I have to use the the...
  8. volume slider

volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  9. Volume Slider Changes Colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...
  10. Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify: I've had this weird issue for some time now that the windows 10 audio slider won't change the loudness of a video. That means when I click on the volume up or down button the slider says that the audio changed, but I hear no difference. It even plays when the slider says that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 volume slider not changing volume

2. volumn slider dossnt increse or lower volumn please fix